Your back?

Rachel pov

I woke up and I definitely feel the sickness. Ugh, this is just not my week. I hear a knock and daddy walks in. "good morning baby how you feeling?" he sits down on my bed and feels my head. "oh you are burning up, you have to stay in today. I can stay home from work if you want." "no ill be okay. I just sleep it off. I'll be fine." I try sitting up but my whole body hurts. "are you sure?" "yes, daddy ill be okay don't worry." Puck walks in and pouts at me. "hey you okay? You need anything?" he says and I nod no. "i was gonna check some jobs out but it can wait if you need me?" daddy half-smiles at him. "no ill be okay. I manage before and I'm sure I'll do it again. Thank you for offering but ill be okay." he smiles at me and agrees. "ill call you in a while to check on you." daddy says and Puck agrees. "we will be back later. If you need anything at all call me okay." puck says and kisses my head. Daddy does the same then pats Puck back and then walks away. "love you baby feel better." daddy says and walks out.

I hear them leave and I sigh, I feel horrible. I don't want to be isolated but I didn't want them to stop everything for me. I try to get rest but I'm not tired and go to the living room. I turn on the tv but there's nothing on.
I make some tea and just look out the window and watch people pass by. I then go to the Finn room and I sigh at him not there. I sit on the bed and caress the blanket. I go through his closet and wear one of his jackets. I smile as it smells like him. I hug myself and caress his scent. I check out the view and everything looks beautiful I wish we had enough time to explore it together. I can't give up. I won't give up on us.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well there's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

Well I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars, they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work, we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up

I won't give up on us (no, I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (And we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

I wipe my tears and leave the room. I lay down on the couch and stare at the ceiling. I decide to play the piano to kill the boredom. I play random notes and I get a little tired. I try to play a song and Finn's memories keep coming to mind. I shake my head to brush them off and start playing again.  I close my eyes and just say whatever comes to mind.