The aftermath

Finn pov

Going back to the hotel room hoping of seeing her there. I open the door and it's empty. I check the room and her bags are gone. I sigh and sit on the bed. Thinking about everything I don't know how to feel. It different this time. Maybe this is what we had to do. I take my phone out and dial my mom.

"baby what happen? Don't tell you did get married?" she asks.

"its over. I told her how it felt and everything was keeping in and she said she couldn't do it anymore. She wanted me to make a choice and now we are done for good. We are done." my voice cracks saying it out loud.

"oh, honey. I'm so sorry. It's unfortunate but you made the right decision. I'm sad she didn't understand but will meet someone else. You have a family here that loves you and supports you. Come home and spend it with us. I have your room set up. Come home to me baby." she says and I wipe the tears away.

"thanks mom. I love you." my voice cracks again and she tells me she loves me too. I hang up and cry to myself.

After checking out the next day I head to collect my stuff. I open the front door and it's quiet. I see her room close and Puck in our room. "hey" I say sadly. "hey where you been? You didn't come.home last night." he ask.

"um is Rachel here?" I ask and he shakes his head no. "she came by and put things away and left again with a travel bag." says confused.

"we um broke up. This time it's for good. I'm just here to get my stuff." I say packing my stuff.

"what happen?" he ask.

"we um we're supposed to get married yesterday but I told her I couldn't do it, not without you or my mom and girls. And she flip out. Made me choose and I choose my family. She broke up with me right there and left." trying to not break down I keep putting things away.

"damn I'm sorry? Why didn't I know? You guys should have told me." he hurtly says.

"she thought maybe you would not permit it and stop us." p

He doesn't say anything. But thinks about it.
"where you going to do with your job?"

"i guess. You can run it. There's no way she gonna let me do it now. She can't stand looking at me now. Call me when you need help and I will. I'm gonna miss this place." I say finishing up.

"damn this sucks. Maybe wait until she comes back and talk about it?" he ask helping me with my bags.

"na this time it feels different. I think this is the real thing. I'm just gonna go home and spend time with my girls. Just focus on them from.now on." I hail a taxi and they stop and help put my backs away.

"well of anything call me and I'll be right there. It sucks but maybe it's for the best. I'm gonna miss you bro. Don't worry I'll take care of her." he hugs me and I do the same.

"love ya man. Don't be a stranger." I say and get in the taxi. We drive out and I feel devastated. I don't want to leave but I know it's for the best. I take my phone out and go to my messages.

"im sorry Rachel. From the bottom of my heart. I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I'm sorry." .

I send it and hope for a response but nothing comes back. I look at the ring I'm still wearing and promise I won't take it off. I will always be her husband and she will be my wife. I should of married her. I'm so stupid.

Puck pov

See the room half empty feels strange. It sucks what happen. I lost my best friend.  I need Rachel here. I call her and her phone is off. I sigh and go reorganize my now own room.