Chapter 1: A Good Feeling

As Izuku opened his eyes, the first concious thought that his mind formed was as follows:

I have a good feeling about today.

He got up and entered the  kitchen. His mother was there, talking to someone on the phone. She smiled at him. He smiled back, with a real, genuine smile as always. He opened the refrigerator and got himself a cup of plain greek yogurt, drizzling some honey over it before opening the cutlery drawer and grabbing a spoon. He sat down at the table and ate his breakfast in silence, listening to his mother's conversation. When he finished eating, she was still on the phone, so he simply smiled at her again before going to get changed.

In his bedroom, he slipped into the plain black uniform that represented the torment he went through each day. He then went into the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth, made a fruitless attempt at taming his unruly forest of green hair, then returned to the kitchen to pack his lunch.

Inko was still talking on the phone, which was a bit odd but not a big deal. He was about to get some leftover sushi from last night's dinner to put in his lunchbox when he saw the hands of the clock on the wall pointing to hella late o'clock, at which point he decided to skip lunch for that day and book it. He didn't get a chance to say goodbye to his mother, but that was alright. He would see her later.

While he was running down the street, he heard a commotion and caught sight of a large crowd right in front of an intersection. They were watching a villain fight; he could tell from the excited chatter of the crowd. Normally, he would stop to watch and write down some stuff in his notebook, but he was really running late and had to tear himself away. 

Finally making it to school, he collapsed into his seat a few minutes before class started. All the other kids were divided into groups by the windows, waiting until the last minute to actually sit down. It was because of this that teachers liked him much better than other kids; he had no friends, no new texts on his phone, nothing to pull his focus away from class. 

The teacher entered the classroom a few moments before the bell rang, and everyone scrambled into their assigned seats. Izuku pulled a blank sheet of paper from his binder, prepared to write down the entire lecture word for word.