Chapter 53: Freshman Rep

It's not like he was taking other people's lives in order to save his own.

...was he?

No, of course not. That was silly. When Recovery Girl healed him, she accidentally healed every wound he'd received in past resets, meaning the injuries were still there - they had stopped affecting him because of the resets, but he knew they were there, and therefore they always would be.

"Hey, Mido! You in there, or are you mentally skipping school today?" Shinso shook Izuku by the shoulder, and he yelped and leapt to his feet. The purple-haired teen laughed.

"I'll take that as a yes to the mentally skipping school," Uraraka, who was standing behind Shinso, added with a smile.

"Sorry," Izuku grinned sheepishly. "My brain is taking a vacation day."

"I can tell. Come on, let's get going before Iida tells a teacher that we've gone missing." Shinso grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the classroom with Uraraka leading the way.

---

They exited the school to find Iida waiting for them at the gates.

"What took you so long?" He asked. "I thought maybe you'd all gotten a detention."

"Nope, no detentions. Mido here was just zoning out on a level previously unknown to man. Probably nothing to worry about."

"'Probably'?"

"C'mon, I have to do, like, six different chores before my mom comes home." Izuku laughed at Shinso's incredible ability to procrastinate and followed his friends down the sidewalk.

"So, are either of you two joining the sports festival? It's available to gen-ed, right?" Uraraka inquired.

"I'm joining," Shinso stated confidently. "I was going for the hero course, but my quirk doesn't really work on robots. This is my chance to prove myself."

"Well, I certainly hope you get in. It would be great to have another sane person in the hero course," Iida took on a look of mental anguish as he thought about some of his classmates.

"I take it there aren't very many?"

Izuku laughed dryly, inserting himself into the conversation. "Have you met the freshman representative?"

"Uh, no, actually. Who is it?"

"Katsuki Bakugou."