Chapter 51: Chat

"I assume you know why you're here," Nezu, the dog-bear-mouse-person, said with a smile.

"Yeah, I have a pretty good idea."

"What you did at the USJ was very reckless, Midoriya, and technically you should recieve punishment. However, we think your quirk could prove very useful to us, and we would like to know more about it. Would you be willing to answer some of our questions?"

Izuku knew he didn't really have a choice, so he nodded. Nezu grinned.

"Excellent..." He muttered, resting his... paw on his chin as if he was trying to think of what questions to ask. "Truly excellent."

The freckled teen felt muscles he didn't know he had tensing up at the phrase. His head started to spin, and he gripped the arm rests of his chair tighter.

"Are you alright? You look pale."

"Sorry, I've just... I've heard someone say that before, and it wasn't under the best circumstances."

"Ah, my apologies. I didn't mean to scare you. Anyways, my first question: how does your quirk work, exactly?"

"Well... sometimes, I'll wake up after sleeping, and I'll have a vision of what's going to happen for a certain amount of time. Sometimes it's almost a week, sometimes only a few hours. Usually, at the end of the vision, something happens that I don't want to happen. Sometimes it only affects me, other times it's bigger. Sometimes there's more than one vision - multiple possibilities of how things could go."

"Interesting. How detailed are these visions?"

"They're very detailed - it feels the same as actually living through the events. It's hard to know if it's a vision or if it's actually happening."

"And to think it was registered as weak precognition! It's very rare for a precognition quirk to provide such detailed predictions. What are the side effects?"

"Well, my hair grows as much as it would if I actually lived through the predictions, but other than that there's nothing that I know of." Izuku had discovered this after not saving for a week to reset to the exam day - he had only reset twice, but each reset was a whole week. After getting results he was happy with, he noticed that his hair had grown more than normal for a single week. 

"Well, I suppose that's nothing to worry about. Are you sure there aren't any other side effects? Mental ones, perhaps?"

"Oh. I hadn't thought of that. I'm probably unnaturally apathetic towards certain things because of some of the visions, but nothing huge."

"Good. Next time something like what happened at the USJ shows up in a vision, inform a teacher immediately, and don't try to deal with it yourself, alright?"

"Do you think you can tell the other teachers about how my quirk works? There were, let's see... at least fifty visions for the USJ, and in a few of them I did actually call the school, but nobody believed me."

"I will inform the staff, yes. I'm very sorry that you felt like you had to take matters into your own hands. Thank you, you may leave."