Chapter 43: Surprises

Izuku, after asking some questions, theorized that, with how his quirk works, she may have healed future injuries, or injuries from a prediction that was interfered with. His friends left at some point, as school had already ended and they had to get home. Eventually, when he felt strong enough to walk, he asked to go to the bathroom. Thankfully, Recovery Girl hadn't noticed the box cutter in his pocket - or at least, if she had, she hadn't removed it. 

He awoke to his alarm on Saturday morning, with no plans to sprain his ankle or spend the entire school day asleep on a cot.

Uraraka seemed to notice that something was different. Izuku had left a bit earlier than usual - she had to run to catch up with him. She told a joke once they were walking side by side. Yesterday, he had laughed so hard at that joke he almost choked. Today, he just smiled tensely. Knowing everything that's going to happen - even if it's only for the first two hours of the day - is very useful, but also not very fun.

When they reached the crosswalk, he told the brunette to run. 

"Uraraka, run. Run, that white car is going to run you over, run run runrunrun-"

She seemed very confused as Izuku pretty much shoved her across the crosswalk, and stared in awe when the white car blew the red light. Turning to Izuku, she saw him holding his head with his hands, eyes screwed shut.

"Midoriya? Did you... how did you-?"

"Precognition."

"Huh?"

"My quirk is precognition."

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... dizzy. Give me a second." Izuku felt like he was spinning, despite standing perfectly still. It was probably just nerves - he didn't want to see Uraraka get run over by a car, and that had been close. After a few moments of standing there, clutching at his head as if that would still its spinning, he took a few deep breaths and continued walking.

"That was... really close," Uraraka voiced his exact thoughts, looking dazed.

"Yeah, no kidding."

"I - Thank you."

"For what?"

"If you hadn't done something, we both could've been killed by that car. So, thank you."

"No problem, Uraraka." The brunette laughed.

"It's funny, you know. I'm a hero in training, but you just saved my life."

"What can I say? There are some things you don't need a hero license for, and civillians aren't entirely useless."

Izuku smiled, and Uraraka smiled back. The day was getting into the part where he didn't know what would happen, and even though that made him slightly nervous, it was a nice feeling.