Chapter 23: Hero

After dinner, Izuku sat down on the couch to work on some homework. It wasn't due until Friday, but he had nothing better to do. Meanwhile, Inko flipped through channels on the TV, searching for something to watch. She stopped for a moment on a news channel, and Izuku looked up when he heard what the news anchor was talking about.

"A group of teenagers were attacked by a sludge villain today. One of them was able to blind the villain while the heroes were being called. This teenager, according to a conversation he had with pro hero Kamui Woods after the villain was subdued, is quirkless."

Inko gave him the look. He shuddered.

"Izuku, sweetie," She smiled, but it was menacing instead of heartwarming, as it usually was. "You didn't tell me about this."

"I... didn't think it was necessary information," He replied, sweating.

"Izuku, this is great!" She pulled him into a bone-crushing bear hug, squealing. "Look! They think you're amazing! They think you're a hero!"

"They're only surprised because I'm quirkless. If I weren't, it wouldn't be a big deal," Izuku muttered. It was true; if he had registered his quirk as precognition, as he was planning to do soon, they wouldn't even bat an eye. However, it did give him an idea.

He hadn't considered heroism since he was little; it was simply unrealistic for a quirkless person to fight villains with unthinkable powers. But now, he had a power - maybe it wasn't a quirk, and maybe it couldn't really be seen, but it was a power nontheless.

Then again, he was barely able to fight, even when he was angry. Maybe if he had connections - direct contact to pro heroes, instead of just the police - he could run around all over the place, search the internet and such, reset, and predict all sorts of things. He could live a normal civillian life, and be the hero's weather forcast.

The question was, what would his normal civillian life be? Maybe he could be a librarian. Libraries were nice. Wasn't there an actual degree you could get for library science?

Yeah, he'd go to college, get a degree in library science, and be a librarian. He could be the cool librarian that lets kids play games on the computers. Of course, he still wanted to go to UA - they had a general education department, and he probably had good enough grades to get in. Going to UA, no matter what department, was practically a garuntee for a university scholarship. Plus, maybe he could get to know a few heroes.

It was almost time for finals, too. He should probably get to studying.