Chapter 21: Home

"Midoriya! What happened? Why did they need to call an ambulance?" Aiya grabbed Izuku by the shoulders, eyes wide.

"Earlier, the sludge villain was trying to get inside of me. I kind of... cut off the part of him that was going into my mouth, and there was still a peice of it in me. The paramedics just had me puke in a bucket."

"Oh, gosh, that's disgusting," Ena grimaced. "What did it feel like?"

Izuku scrunched his face up at the thought of it. "The sludge villain was still in control of it, and it was moving. It was like I swallowed a hand mixer that was still plugged in and mixing."

Ena made a gagging noise. "Gross. Are you alright now?"

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"Alright enough for epic gaming?"

"Probably not," He chuckled. "I just want to sleep for the next twenty-four hours."

"Understandable. We'll reschedule for next weekend."

"Really? You guys can just go without me, I don't mind."

"I think we've all had enough excitement for one day," Aiya piped up. "Besides, it wouldn't be any fun without you. You're part of the group now. It's all or nothing with us."

"Come on. We'll walk home with you," Ever-silent Hanako added.

Izuku didn't really want them to walk home with him. When they walked home after school, they all got to their houses before he got to his. He was a bit self-concious about the tiny, old apartment he lived in, and he also didn't want to explain his father's absence. He was too tired to argue, though.

---

He started to chew on his nails as they started up the stairs leading to his apartment - a nervous habit he'd had for years. Glancing back at his friends behind him, they didn't seem to have any negative reactions, but he was still anxious. They reached the landing, and he placed his hand on the doorknob, pausing.

"You guys can go now, if you want."

"Nah, I wanna say hi to your parents!" Ena insisted. Aiya and Hanako nodded in agreement, the blonde girl shooting him a look that knew he was nervous and telling him not to be. 

"Alright," Izuku sighed, and opened the door. "Mom! Come meet my friends!" He called as he walked in. Inko was there in an instant - she was good at pretty much teleporting to the door. She smiled when she saw the three teenagers behind her son.

"Hi! I'm Aiya," The purple-eyed girl waved.

"My name's Ena!"

"I'm Hanako."

"You can call me Inko," She replied warmly. "Weren't you supposed to be out until three?"

"Yeah, but we ran into something on the way to the arcade, and Midoriya said he wasn't up for it," Ena explained.

"What was it?"

"I'll explain later, mom. I'm tired," Izuku stated, silently asking his friends to leave. He just wanted to be alone for a bit.

They waved goodbye and went back down the steps. The freckled teen watched through the small window in his front door as they turned a corner and disappeared from view. He went to his room and flopped on his bed, slipping into the warm arms of sleep.