Chapter 50: Mummy Man

Shinso nudged Izuku as the walked down the hall towards the cafeteria.

"Dude, why are all the 1-A kids looking at us like you have a knife and you're about to stab me in the back?"

"You heard about the attack on the USJ, right?"

"Oh my God."

"Yeah, my quirk predicted it and I kind of acted on instinct."

"The crazy kid they were talking about on the news was you?"

"I'm not crazy, but yes."

"Dude, they had to blur out parts of the footage. What did you do?"

"I told you, I acted on instinct. Humans haven't always gotten food from grocery stores, so our instincts can be pretty wild."

"Oh my God."

"You said that already."

"I know, but oh my God."

"That's taking the Lord's name in vain, please stop."

"You are officially the most confusing person alive."

"Why?"

"It was leaked on a hero forum that you ripped the bird-thing's brain out and tore it apart, but you're asking me not to take the Lord's name in vain."

Izuku paled slightly as his stomach, which was quite skilled in acrobatics, performed a series of flips and twists inside of him, making his breakfast churn violently.

"Please don't mention that part. I was on adrenaline when I did that, and thinking back on it is rather nauseating."

Shinso imagined how it would feel to grab a brain with his bare hands and rip it apart. Slimy, squishy, alive and possibly moving, tearing apart in his hands. That wasn't so bad; then again, Izuku seemed a bit more sensitive to that sort of thing than he was.

As they were about to enter the cafeteria, Mr. Aizawa, who was wrapped up like a mummy, appeared out of nowhere.

"Midoriya. Principal Nezu needs to speak with you."

"Ah... Okay. See you later, Shinso."

Izuku followed the black-haired hero down the hall away from Shinso. He probably wouldn't have a chance to eat lunch, but that was alright. He wasn't hungry, anyways.