Chapter 7: Awkward

"Auntie! I've got D̶e̶k̶u̶  Izuku's school stuff!"

Auntie Inko practically teleported in front of him, and he nearly jumped out of his skin. Not because her sudden appearance had scared him - nothing scared the great Katsuki Bakugo - but because she looked way different. She was much shorter, rounder, and sadder than the last time he'd seen her.

"Thank you so much, Katsuki! Here, I'll take it to his room. Why don't you come sit down? I just made brownies." Katsuki handed the bag to her, and she went down the hall to put it in the nerd's room. He went into the kitchen, still remembering exactly where it was, and sat down at one of the chairs. Inko came back soon after, and sat down across from him, handing him a brownie from a plate on the stove.

"Wow, it's been a long time since you came over. I haven't seen you in ages. You're so tall and handsome!"

"Thanks, Auntie. It seems you've grown a bit, as well." Inko flushed.

"Ah, I suppose I have. I tend to stress-eat, and Izuku, bless his soul, is a bit of a stress-inducing child. I worry for his safety just taking out the trash."

"Yeah, I get that. What's up with him, anyways? Is he sick?"

"I don't really know what's going on. Well, I know what it is, but I don't know why it's happening. Apparently he had some sort of nightmare that kept repeating. You know that 1993 film, Groundhog Day? From what he said, it was something like that, except instead of falling asleep before waking up again, he suffocated in a locked supply closet. He said today was the fifteenth time."

Okay, maybe Deku wasn't really being a cry-baby.

"Where is he?"

"He's asleep in the living room. I'm sure if you woke him up, he wouldn't mind playing some Mario Kart. Isn't that what you two used to do every day after school?"

"Yeah. I haven't played in, like, a decade, but I guess it would be fun. I'll go say hi."

The blonde stood up and went to the living room, where the green-haired boy was laying on the couch, dead to the world. Hadn't he been planning on busting the guy's skull open just hours ago?

Dang, this was gonna be awkward.