Chapter 4: Nightmare

It was Izuku's fifteenth time waking up on that dreadful Tuesday morning, stuck in a nightmare.

He stumbled through his morning routine without paying much attention. Before he knew it, he was in the classroom, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

The extremely tall brunette girl and the heavyset boy were talking about the same anime as last time. The girl with big blue eyes that were so wide it was creepy was showing off her new amethyst earrings to her friends. The boy with long fingers was talking about an arcade game like it was the second coming of Jesus.

Nothing new.

To them it was new, but to him it was the same as it had been.

He couldn't do this for much longer.

---

It was math class again.

Izuku felt sick.

He didn't want to die and wake up again. Wasn't there any way he could get out of here before the teacher broke the chalk?

Oh.

Wait.

He had a loving mother and a cell phone.

How convenient.

Just before the teacher started writing that stupid algorithm again, Izuku raised his hand. The teacher glanced up, and smiled at him.

"What is it, Midoriya?"

"May I go to the restroom, sir?"

"Oh, sure, go ahead."

"Thank you," Izuku murmured as he exited the classroom.

Upon entering the bathroom, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and called his wonderful mother.

"Izuku? What is it? Aren't you in class?"

"Mom, can you come pick me up?" The possibility that he might escape this torturous time loop hit him, and he felt tears welling up in his eyes.

"Why? Are you sick?"

"I-I don't know. Please, I just... I don't wanna be here."

"What happened?"

"I... I had a nightmare. It kept repeating. I would think I was awake but instead it happened again... Everything's exactly the same as it was l-last time! I'm scared that I'm gonna keep waking up in this s-stupid nightmare, over and over again... P-please, please, just come pick me up."

"Okay... I'll call the school. Just go ahead and come home. I'll ask Mitsuki to have Katsuki bring your things." The greenette shivered at the thought of Katsuki bringing his bag home, but accepted.

He managed to sneak out of the school and walked home, still crying. When he opened the door to his apartment, Inko was there waiting for him.

They locked eyes, and after a moment, Izuku looked away. His mother pulled him into a hug, and he rested his head on her shoulder, fists clenched at his sides as his eyes/waterfalls poured tears all over his face.

Inko released him from the hug, hands grabbing his shoulders as she stared into his watery eyes. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see her expression, and whispered through his tears.

"I want to wake up, mom."