Chapter 34: Jump

Eventually, Mitsuki returned to take Katsuki home. She had been having lunch with Inko. Popping her head into the hospital room, she beamed at Izuku.

"Izuku! Sorry I had to abandon you with that feral thing. Where is he?"

The greenette pointed to the window. She walked up to it just in time to see her son go flying off a swing at the peak of its height, landing on his feet (barely) and running back to do it again. Izuku had been watching him do this for around half an hour, and it was honestly quite entertaining. Mitsuki laughed at the sight, and watched with the freckled teen for a while before going down to fetch him.

"Y'know, I always tell him not to do that, because I don't want younger kids to see him and try it. I suppose I shouldn't worry about him doing it here, though. I doubt many people play on that thing."

"I've been watching it for almost four days. He's the only one I've seen using it so far."

"That's kinda sad."

"That's what I thought, too. He might be the only person who's ever touched those swings. Actually, thinking about it that way, it's kinda funny that him of all people is the only one playing on it."

Mitsuki snickered at that. "It suits him. Defying the solemnity of a hospital for such a childish joy." She sighed, smiling. "Well, I should take the brat home. I ate lunch, but he hasn't yet. I'll see you later, Izuku."

"See you," Izuku waved as she left the room. He watched Katsuki jump of the wing one more time and start on another before he saw Mitsuki come out onto the playground. Katsuki jumped off the swing again - he hadn't gotten as high as usual, but it was a jump nontheless. He followed his mother back inside, and then they were gone.

The hospital playground was lonely once again.