Chapter 15: Turning Around

If the teachers liked Izuku before, they liked him even better now.

With each time he SAVED, the reality of his ability set in a little deeper, and all his fears started to wash away. He started raising his hand to answer questions in class, started saying hi to people in the halls, started chatting with the teachers between classes, started taking busier streets on his way to school... basically, he had started doing things that used to terrify him on a regular basis.

He used to think that all of his classmates hated him for being quirkless, but he soon found that most of them were quite nice; he had just never taken the time to get to know them. He met a group of people who he liked a lot, and started walking home with them and sitting with them at lunch. He didn't have any classes with them, but that was fine. No distractions during class.

For the first time in years, Izuku had friends.

There was a short, blonde girl named Aiya who asked really weird questions that you had to think about for a while. She had a sort of mind-reading quirk where she could know exactly what you meant when you said something to her, so he had to be pretty careful around her. There was also Ena, a tall boy who could transform his hair into any pure substance. Hair is not a pure substance, so he couldn't make his hair... hair. Usually, he kept it as cobalt because he liked the color. He was an enourmous nerd about literally every fandom - you name it, he's memorized even the weirdest, most obscure trivia facts about it. The one Izuku knew the least about so far was Hanako, who had a green bob cut with flower buds growing on her hair at random places. She would often pluck one of the buds - they bloomed when removed from her hair - and give it to him when they passed each other in the halls, but other than that she hardly interacted with him and the others and was mostly silent during lunch and on the walks to and from school.

Katsuki had stopped messing with him, for the most part. He would occasionally punch the freckled teen in the shoulder when given the chance, but Izuku could deal with that.

Things were finally turning around for the greenette. He had been lost for so long, but he had figured out where he was. Now, he just needed to decide where he was going.

If you guys want to see the designs for Aiya, Ena, and Hanako, you can check out my Instagram, shinsoistired. I won't put them in here because I know some people prefer to use their imagination.