Chapter 10: Fresh Air

Katsuki left after playing Mario Kart for a bit with Izuku. He had promised to be home for dinner. Izuku and Inko had dinner, talked for a bit, then went to bed early.

When Izuku fell asleep, he was in the dark abyss with the star in his hand once again. The power of crushing an old friend in Mario Kart shines within you, the box read. He giggled. Brutally murdering Katsuki in the balloon game had been pretty empowering. He saved when the option appeared - he didn't know what "return" would do, and didn't really feel like experimenting.

Last time, the four-pointed star had expanded, filling his vision. This time, however, it shrank, overtaken by the darkness of the void around it until he could see nothing but black. Then, his eyes adjusted, and he found himself staring at his bedroom ceiling. Izuku rolled over to check his alarm clock, and found that it was exactly way too early to be awake. Unfortunately, he wasn't sleepy in the least. I guess that's what I get for taking a nap and then going to bed early, he thought to himself.

Sitting up, he remembered that his mother said he could stay home today and watch a bunch of Star Wars conspiracy theories. Okay, nevermind; it was definitely not too early to be awake. When it came to conspiracy theories, it was the more the merrier in the Midoriya household.

---

"Y'know, we should probably take a walk or something," Izuku told Inko as they finished watching another video. "We've been watching this stuff literally all day."

"I suppose you're right. Maybe we can get takeout and eat dinner at a park."

"That sounds good. I'm gonna go put shoes on." Izuku stood up and grabbed his bright red high-tops from next to the front door and slid his feet into them, lacing them up as quickly as one can lace up high-tops, which isn't very fast (trust me). Inko grabbed her purse from the table and put on some black ballet flats, and they made their way to the outlet mall downtown.

As always, they left the door unlocked. Who would break into a tiny old apartment like theirs, anyways?