Sports Festival part II: Saving Todoroki

*Izuku POV*

Waking up the day classes resume I get up before my alarm.  I get dressed to go for a run.  As I leave the dorm doing a couple laps around the campus, my thoughts are drawn back the confessions of my childhood friends. 

Izuku: 'What am I going to do?  I mean it's been nearly a month and I haven't replied.  They must think I have no interest in them'

Like that my thoughts ran faster then a bullet train charged by a railgun.  Getting back to the dorms I made my way to my room to shower and get ready for the day.  Since my classes are still online I decide to make breakfast for everyone.  I was in the middle of cooking when Mina walks in.

Izuku: Morning Mina

Mina: Morning Midori.  Hey I got something to ask you can you pause what your cooking?

Izuku: Sure one second.  Ok shoot.

Mina *deep breath*: I really like you Midori and was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime after the sports festival.

Izuku *😳*: I-I-I'm honored M-M-Mina but I c-c-can't reply t-to your f-f-feelings right now

Mina: No worries please after the sports festival ok?

Izuku: S-Sure.  'Damnit now I got a time limit'

*Mina POV*

As I left Midori to finish breakfast I run into Yaomomo, Ocha, and Kyojiro who were listening to my confession.

Mina: I won't lose to you three.

They didn't say anything and hugged me.

Mina: Um what's going on?

Momo: Welcome to our rivalry.  But in all honesty we've been talking about it and we think Izuku won't choose anyone.

Mina: What makes you say that?

Ochaco: Because he's kind hearted.  Even if he felt the same way for one of us over the others, he'd turn us down to not hurt anyone.  Probably by saying something along the lines 'I'm not worthy of someone as great as you, so I can't return you feelings, but I'll always support you'.

Jirou: He's too kind for his own good.  He'd try to save an enemy even if it nearly gets him killed.  Even though he's given up on being a hero his heart is still that of a true hero.

Mina: How are you so sure?

Ochaco: Ten bucks he turns us all down to not hurt the others.

Mina: Deal.  But it still sounds as though he has distorted view of either the world or himself

(There's a reason it's for later)

Momo: He really is too kind for his own good.  I really am afraid that it will cause him a lot of pain eventually.

Mina: That's why we're here to keep that adorable idiot grounded in reality.

Ochaco: Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jirou: Ditto.

*Izuku POV*

And like a flash classes resumed and apparently the heroics classes were canceled so the students could train.  I helped out those who asked for pointers on their quirks.  The ones who turned down any idea of help were Mina, Momo, Jirou, Ochaco, Kacchan, and Todoroki.  When I wasn't doing my school work or helping my friends I was at EMIYAs practicing with the band and working.  A week flew by so fast that I couldn't believe it was the day of the sports festival.

*Todoroki's POV*

I was in the waiting room waiting for the sports festival to start when I recieve a text from Fuyumi.