Side Story: Nightmares/Closer Look

A/N takes place the night after Yu joins.  Text if it's written like that is a dream.

*Izuku POV*

(Most of this is his guilt, grief, and depression)

I was helpless as I watched it for the millionth time.  I watched as a villain covered in darkness smashes mom's car making it collide with police vehicles chasing after it.  The heroes kept pursuit while officers tried to help mom.  I watched as she died in front of me again, and again, and again.

Inko: Why didn't you save me Icchan?

Izuku: I'm quirkless as much as I wish you were still here mom.

Momo: I can't be with someone who can't protect their own family.

Ochaco: Dekiru really doesn't fit you huh Midoriya?  Deku is truely who you are.

I watch as Ocha and Kacchan walk away hand in hand.

Jirou: I thought you were a cool musician but your songs are one note.

Izuku: They aren't I put my heart and soul into them.

Itsuka: You should have let that villain have his way with me, would've been better then being with you.

Mina: I can't believe I wanted to be in a relationship with someone quirkless.

Nemuri: I can't believe I gave my first kiss to some useless brat.

Yu: I was really just using you for your popularity to boost my own.

I wake up as I feel someone nudging me.  Opening my eyes I see the girls looking at me with concern, but all i saw was their expressions from my dream.

Izuku: Ahhh!

I fall out of bed trying to get away from them.  I couldn't tell anymore what was my dreams effects or what was reality.  As I get to the far side of the room I sit almost as if cowering.

*Ochaco POV*

I had tears streaming down my face.  I didn't even have to look to know the others did too.  Dekiru was afraid of us.  He always put on a smile, but ever since Inko died he has kept us at arms length.  He's losing sleep as well.  His eyes have sunken a bit, and the bags under his eyes make Mr. Aizawa look well rested. 

In the three days since then he maybe got 10 hours of sleep max.  Even then it wasn't restful.  We had all looked in on him after he fell asleep and he was already tossing and turning, even talking in his sleep.  "I'm sorry", "I don't want to be Deku", "please don't leave" are just some of the things we've hear.  If not that he called our names and almost begged us to stay, that he was sorry for letting us down by being useless.

I calmly walk over to our boyfriend who flinched when I get close.  I just hug him which causes him to go ridged.

Ochaco: Dekiru listen to my voice.  It was just a dream.  I'm here the real me.

As I said that last part I put his hand on my cheek.

Momo: Zuzu I don't know what your dreaming about, but rely on us we're here for you.

Momo takes Izuku's other hand and holds it.  Jirou just walks over and takes his hand off my cheek.

Mina: Oh Midori please tell us what your seeing.

Mina comes close along with Itsuka.

Itsuka: You saved me now let us save you.  You don't need to bare this alone.