Part 44. On the Run.

Jordan's POV

Three months later ...
In Albany, New York

I walked into the bar on pearl street which is where I've been working for the past couple of weeks as a bar tender.

"Hey Kitty!"my coworker Abigail said happily as I walked in I gave her a small smile.
I had been using my middle name as an alias so as far as these people know I'm a 21 year old girl who's name is Kitty State.

"Hey how was your date with Mr. Tall dark and handsome."I said putting my stuff down and heading to the sink that was in back.

"Omg he was so dreamy the whole night. I don't know where to start!"she says as I wash my hands
"How about when he picked you up."I suggested as she squealed and nodded.

"Oh that's a great place to start!"she says as I give her an eye role.

"Okay well it started out he showed up in a suit and he leads me out to this beautiful Lamborghini.
So we get in and go to this amazing Italian restaurant with the best cuisine I've ever put in my mouth might I add!"she says I smile at her

"I ain't saying she a gold digger but she ain't messing with no broke..."I sing to her before she covers my mouth.

"No this time I thinks it's serious cause not only does he have all that but he has to be the sweetest man in the world! Ahhhh..."she said sighing dreamily at the end.

"Well all I have to say is don't fall so quickly you might end up with a sociopath, and no body wants that."I say heading behind the bar and tying my apron around my waist.

A man walked in and sat down as Abigail kept spitting out "I know's"and how "she wasn't doing that anymore."

"Hi hun what can I get ya?"I ask the burly man that just sat down.

"I'll take the strongest thing you got," he said
"Rough night I take it."I say he nods "I found out that my girlfriend of 6 years just run off with another guy because he got her pregnant."he says bluntly and taking the shot I gave him.

"Eehhh yikes here this ones on me"I say poring some more in his glass.
He downed that too "wanna know what's even worse?"he says I nod yes and he pulls out a small velvet black box and opened it up to reveal a beautiful diamond engagement ring with a white gold band.

"Hey it's her loss she could have her a ring like that and a wedding in eight months but instead she's gonna be fat and preparing herself to take care of a kid on her own."I say he nods.

"Thanks for listening I normally don't do stuff like this but every movie said to come tell a sexy bar tender my troubles."he says giving me a sad smile.

"Welp the tv definitely lied to you cause bar tenders are the ones who have there life in shambles most the time."I say he smiles less sad this time.

"Well then let me buy a drink for the both of us in hopes to help you with your shambles."he says I laugh "that's good with me."I say as we both down the glasses at once.
And lord did I feel it hit since it had been 3 months since I last drank that and I may or may not have made it a double.

"How long have you lived in New York?"he asks I look at him a little confused was I really that out of place here.

"The accent kinda a dead give away."he says i have a duh moment for a second before answering.
"A few months.how about you where you one of the born and raised New Yorkers or are you trying to get away?" I ask

"Born and now I wish I'd gotten out of here the second I turned 18." He says
"Well I feel that" I said pouring him more in his empty glass he nods as a thank you before taking sip this time instead of downing it.