Part 45. Room Mates

Jordan's POV

It's been a couple of weeks with violet and I's agreement that we stay together in New York and she's not supposed to tell anyone I'm here with her.

As of right now we were both in pajamas watching Heart of Dixie on Netflix.
"You wanna go out and do something I'm bored."she says looking at me from her side of the couch.
"Like what?"I say
"How about froyo there's a really good shop over on masons street."she says I nod
"Sounds good to me."I say before we both get up and go to our rooms which were separate from the loft style living room and kitchen.

I went to my clothes and got out ripped blue jeans,a olive sweater crop top and some clear/nude heels.
I grabbed my black wallet and walked out deciding to just let my curly hair do its thing today.

Mean while violet had picked a olive sweater dress paired with knee high nude boots and a cut nude cross body bag

We both looked very  dressy but this is how a lot of the people here dressed and the goal was to blend in.

"Okay you ready to go?"I ask she nods and we both head out of the loft and to the elevator.

Once we've made it out side we start off walking to the right it took us since we were in heels about 17 min to get there.
"Have you talked to any of them since you got here?"she asks it didn't take me but a second to realize who she was talking about.

"Diesel and only once before I got here."I say she nods
"You realize how mad that must of made your dad right?knowing you care more about that boy than him."she says
"That boy didn't try to have me committed."I say while eating my strawberry cheesecake frozen yogurt.
"Yeah but you could use a land line where they can't trace you to at least tell them your okay."she says

"You've been speaking to grey haven't you."I say sighing while rubbing my temples.
"Yes don't worry he doesn't know I'm here with you but he's worried your family's worried heck even your Lycan is worried."she states I roll my eyes at the last part.

"I don't know what to do and until I can come up with a plan I don't think I should give them any hints of where I'm at."I say
"Well what is your plan so far you can't never see them again!"she says I sigh"I know! I know that I just...maybe if I lay low for a while my dad can calm down get his shit together and let me get mine together too."I say she nods

"Well this is fun at least getting to Rome with my beat girl friend in New York.
Where like a drama tv show on the CW!"she says I laugh "yeah this'll be great we just have to be careful like when grey comes up to see you...which we both know he will."I say putting up my finger to stop her from interrupting.
"Yeah your right I might have to rent a hotel or something during that cause your scents all over the loft."she states and I nod
"That could work just make it a nice one so he isn't suspicious."I say with humor in my voice since violet is so picky with places she stays the girls rich though so it really doesn't matter.

"Hey you don't live the life of luxury for 200 years and then stop it's a life time commitment."she says throwing a little fish egg looking gummy from her yogurt at me I laugh.

"Maybe when I leave new York I'll call them."I say going back to our serious conversation.
"When will that be in couple months weeks heck even years?"she says and I roll my eyes again.
"Your being overdramatic again"I state and she purses her lips trying to be mad but a smile quickly takes its place.

"Hey there's a bunch of boutiques one street over wanna do some retail therapy?"she says as we finish up our froyo.
"Of course!"I say knowing there's a shoe store and turns out, while living in New York, I love high heels.
"Okay let's go"she says after we throw away our trash.

We walked over and sure enough first store was a shoe store with so French name I couldn't pronounce.

***

We walked up to the building it was already dark and the city was lit up like a Christmas tree between the large buildings and the non stop traffic rushing through.

"Okay well I don't know about you but I can't wait to take off these boots and have a long bath!"violet says smiling.
"Yeah you go on a head up I think I'm gonna stay out here for a minute, and get some air."I say she nods "okay don't be to long otherwise I'm watch heart of Dixie without you."she says I laugh and nod before she heads up.

I walked over to the pay phone something I haven't seen in years I put in the money and dial the number I've been dreading to call.

Ring....ring....ri-
"Hello?"he answers on the third ring and I'm so relieved to hear his voice but worried because I can tell he's stressed.
"Hey."I say and there's silence and some shuffling on the other side.

"Jay."he says and my heart is racked with guilt.
"How are you?"I say "is that all you have to say?its been 4 months where the hell are you when are you gonna quit playing this little game and come home!"he was infuriated and I couldn't help but feel crushed even though I had no right to be.

"This isn't a game. If... if I come back I don't know what will happen okay. my family-"
"Is worried sick you've had your fun off doing well who knows what with who knows who it's time you start acting like an adult!"he rages to me I can't help but feel trapped at this moment.

"I-I can't."I say and then theres silence"listen until you get some help I don't want to hear from you anymore! Us what we are it's over cause I refuse to be played around with.
Listen I love you but you have real problems that aren't just gonna disappear if you keep running from them."a tear stepped down my cheek
"Okay I won't call again. Goodbye!"I say before slamming the phone back down I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face as I ran up to the room.

I bursted into the door only for violet to get spooked and drop her phone in the floor.
"Oh honey what happened?"she says as I throw my stuff on the ground and she rushes over to hug me.

"I called him."I say as she leads me to the couch.
"Oh no you didn't! I told you lycans are no good none of them you think that that one will be different but they never are."she says petting my hair.
"No it's my fault he said I needed to get help that I tugged him around to much and he's right!
I should have appreciated him more but after you know who and what he did I couldn't just fall in love again! And now I may never find it again cause there are no 3rd chances that's not how stuff like this works."I say well more like sob and she just shushed me soothingly.

"It's gonna be okay,"she says but no matter how many times she said it I knew without a doubt that it wasn't true.