9

Taehyung woke up sprawled across his bed, most of the sheets close to falling off. Taehyung cursed himself for his weird sleeping habits and made the bed knowing it would just get messed up again. With a yawn, he made the trek downstairs to get some caffeine in his system. 

He was very surprised to see Jungkook already up making coffee. "Hey. Didn't know you'd be up this early." Taehyung said with another yawn. 

Jungkook hummed. "Didn't think you'd be up either. You said you have work tonight." 

"Hmm. Yeah." Taehyung was still too tired to function or think about work so he simply put some vanilla coffee in his Keurig. 

There was a gap of silence as Taehyung brewed his coffee before Jungkook spoke up. "You didn't reply to my announcement last night." 

...

"What?" Taehyung blinked.

Jungkook looked down at his feet. "Nothing." He mumbled and shuffled out to the dining room. 

Taehyung stood alone in the kitchen still trying to process what he just heard. Did Jungkook care that he didn't reply? I mean he has thousands of readers how could he notice just Taehyung in all of it? Maybe he paid attention because they're living together? But then... What?

It was still too early in the morning for all this thinking. 

Taehyung slipped into the dining room where Jungkook sat tracing the outline of the character on his coffee mug. "I'm glad-" Taehyung paused not sure what to say. He was glad of what? That he was okay? But was he? He was glad he was safe here in his house? That sounds weird, like a pedophile grooming someone. 

"You're glad, what?" Jungkook questioned. 

"I'm glad that I was able to help you during a dark time in your life. And uh... That you trusted me enough to not murder you." Taehyung nodded hoping he didn't sound too weird. 

"Well, you could still murder me." Taehyung paled at Jungkook's words. "You could be building up my trust so I wouldn't suspect it. Besides, you could be killing me slowly. Putting glass in my sugar, or something in the air freshener."

"I- Uh..." 

Jungkook chuckled. "I'm joking. I know you wouldn't do that, you're too nice and empathetic." Jungkook flashed a smile. "Unless." Taehyung's eye's almost popped out of their sockets because he didn't know how to react. "I'm kidding. I genuinely appreciate you letting me stay here until I get back on my feet."

Jungkook stood up and walked towards Taehyung. Taehyung stood still unsure of what to expect. Jungkook raised his arm as if he was reaching towards Taehyung's face, but flinched back and patted Taehyung on the shoulder. "Thanks." 

"Hey, Jungkook."

"Mhm?"

"Wanna go get boba tea? My friend runs a shop."