176

Jungkook gulped and took the book, flipping it open. "Alright so who should I make it out to?" He asked trying to keep his professional persona. 

"Mingyu... Look Jungkook I actually came here to apologize," Mingyu muttered. 

"Is this going to go similarly to how you apologized last time?" Jungkook muttered back. 

Mingyu shook his head. "I'm sorry. I was a real asshole. I hurt you so many times and I don't expect you to forgive me. But I wanted to come and apologize to find closure for myself. I hope you are happy now Jungkook. I mean it." 

"Well, Mingyu. You are right. I can't forgive you. After all the pain and torment you put me through I can't. But I am pleased to inform you that I am happy. I'm with Taehyung now. He has a new career and we are very happy together." 

"I'm glad you are happy Jungkook. I'm sorry I couldn't be the person to treat you right. You deserve to have someone great like Taehyung by your side and not me." 

Jungkook nodded contentedly. "What about you? How is your relationship holding up?" 

"I'm uh... actually engaged." Mingyu twisted the ring on his finger a few times. "To Wonwoo." 

"I'm happy for you guys. I hope you've learned how to treat someone better than you treated me." Jungkook told as he finally signed the book and slid it back over to Mingyu. 

Mingyu nodded. "I love him... And I'm sorry you had to get caught up in my complex feelings for him. But we are very happy now. I hope you and Taehyung will be happy for many more years to come." 

"We will Mingyu. Goodbye." Jungkook told as his ex finally walked away and Jungkook breathed out a sigh of relief that some giant drama scandal hadn't started. He did feel a small weight lift from his chest. 

The truth is that he'd have to live with being outed and kicked out for as long as time could tell. And that he still wouldn't be able to forgive Mingyu for what he'd done. But Mingyu finally had his own relationship and his own life. 

And so did he. 

With Taehyung. 

The person who he loved so dearly. And that was fine with Jungkook, more than fine.