64

Jungkook rinsed out a glass as he let out a sigh. It was a slow night at the bar so he decided to help out with dishes. He looked to his side where Taehyung stood a few feet away folding napkins around silverware. It was strange because usually if Taehyung wasn't scheduled at his second job they would have gone home together. Now they barely spoke a word to each other throughout the night. 

Jungkook clocked out for the day and slipped his jacket over his shoulders. As he made his way out to his car he rubbed his arms, shivering slightly. Realizing he should have brought a heavier jacket as it started to snow. Shouldn't matter though, he'd just hop in his car and head home. If only that was what happened. 

As he turned his key the car started making strange noises. Vrnininini! Vrrrrrrrrinininininiiii! Brrrrrrrrrklurk... Tik tik clang... His car made a few pitiful tries to start but ultimately failing. Jungkook groaned banging his head against the top of the steering wheel. He just wanted to go home... 

Jungkook popped the hood of his car and paled. It was dark he could barely see anything and he had no idea what this shit was. Good job Jungkook this is what you get for driving a fourteen-year-old car. 

"Need help?" A voice asked making Jungkook jump. 

"I thought you would have left by now," Jungkook said as Taehyung approached him, feet crunching in the new snow. "Don't you have your second job?"

"Yeah but you need help," Taehyung told turning on his phone flashlight shinning it in the car. 

"You'll be late, it's not a problem really..." Jungkook said as Taehyung poked around, still shivering. 

Taehyung huffed biting his inner cheek as he stared at the car. His dad would be so disappointed after all the lectures on how cars work but he had no idea what to do. "Well... I can drive you home and you can call a mechanic in the morning." Taehyung told turning to Jungkook. 

"Are you sure? You really don't have to." Jungkook told before letting out a sneeze. 

"Here take this you'll catch a cold at this rate," Taehyung said taking his beanie off his head and slipping it onto Jungkook's head making sure to cover his ears. 

Jungkook looked back into TAehyung's deep chocolate eyes, his hot breath creating a puff of smoke in the cold air. "You have another job to get to... I'll call Mingyu and have him pick me up." 

"Well, he'd take a while to get out here, and I don't want you sitting for twenty minutes in the freezing cold with a thin jacket," Taehyung told. "Plus your car is dead so you don't have a heater." 

"It's fine..." Jungkook muttered not so convincingly. 

"It's your choice. I can call in and take you home now in my nice warm car, or you can call Mingyu and wait in the cold." Taehyung explained. "What will it be?" 

Jungkook knew the logical thing would be to call Mingyu so Taehyung wouldn't have to miss work because of him. But missing one day of work wouldn't get him fired right? And he was a little selfish...

"I'll go with you. I'll tell you where to go." Jungkook said walking over to Taehyung's car. 

Taehyung smiled while walking back, feeling a sense of pride that Jungkook chose him over Mingyu.

~

Man, my summer classes are a bitch. I just remembered why I never took summer classes before. Firstly there is a shit load of glitches that prevent me from working. And they finally "fixed" them but reset all my assignments so I have to redo them. I can ask my advisor to skip me ahead but all the assignments will be marked as zero if I do. So here we go redoing eight lessons :)