29

Okay, here it is

~

Jungkook tapped his foot as he waited outside a cafe. It is his favorite, Mingyu used to take him there all the time. Jungkook checked his phone for the time and any possible messages. 

It was twelve fifty-nine. Mingyu had one minute before Jungkook left. Jungkook was beginning to lose the little hope he had. 

"Hey! Jungkook!" Mingyu waved at him from across the street. Mingyu looked both ways and jogged across the street to Jungkook. 

"That was pushing it," Jungkook commented as Mingyu held the door open for him. 

"I'm sorry I wanted to look my best for you," Mingyu explained. "Hey, Wonwoo! Table for two!"

Jungkook flashed a smile at his old friend. "Hey. Is Yugyeom working today?" 

"Yeah, I'll let him know you're here." Wonwoo grabbed two menus and sat the pair down at a table near the window. 

There was silence as Jungkook looked over the menu as if he didn't already know what he planned to order. Mingyu spoke up, "So what do you think you are going to order?" 

"The usual," Jungkook said giving a short response.

"Banana milk and a Nutella crepe?" Mingyu asked placing his menu on the table. Jungkook simply nodded in response still not looking up from the menu. "So then... Why are you looking at the menu?" 

Jungkook sighed and put it down. "Alright... Talk." 

"Talk about what?" Mingyu questioned. 

"The thing-" Jungkook sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "No... Nevermind... I don't want to talk about that..." 

"So where are you staying?" Mingyu asked attempting to start a conversation. 

Jungkook hesitated. "At a friend's house."

"Who?"

"Taehyung."

"WHO?" Mingyu knew all of Jungkook's friends. Why would he lie to him? Is Jungkook living with a complete stranger?

"He's my friend! He took me in after what happened!" Jungkook argued. 

"How come I never heard of him?"

"Because-" Jungkook grumbled under his breath.

"Are you staying with a random dude?"

"He's not just some random dude!"

Mingyu gasped. "But you just met him!"

"Mingyu it's been a month now."

"But you trusted this random stranger and went to their house?" Mingyu crossed his arms getting angry. "Jungkook that's how dumb people get abducted and sex trafficked!"

"Oh, so I'm dumb now?" Jungkook sat back, crossing his arms with a glare. 

"Hey, Jungkook!" Yugyeom smiled like he hadn't just heard what the two were talking about. "It's been a while! Where have you been?"

"Well I got kicked out, so I've been staying at a friend's house," Jungkook said smiling a little for his friend. 

"Yeah, I heard. You could've contacted me! My folks would've let you stay!" Yugyeom explained. "Also do you guys want the usual?"

"Yeah, I'll take the usual and I thought your parents didn't like me." Jungkook huffed.

"That's not true, mom just thought you were too skinny, she wanted to fatten you up. I'll be back with your orders!" Yugyeom drummed his fingers on the table and then left to tend to his other tables. 

Mingyu watched making sure their friend was a safe distance away. "Jungkook you aren't dumb."

"Well, that's what it sounds like because I'm staying with a 'total stranger.' That's what you said." Jungkook said making air quotes around 'total stranger.'

"Well, this Taehyung dude is a stranger Jungkook! I just worry about you!" Mingyu defended himself. 

"If he wanted to take advantage of me he would've by now!" Jungkook snapped wanting to change the topic. 

"He could be grooming you! Sex offenders do that to children all the time!" 

"So I'm dumb AND a child. Great talk." Jungkook sat forward with his elbows propped up on the table. He then stood up ready to leave.  

"Jungkook! Wait I didn't mean it like that!" Mingyu grabbed his wrist sitting him back down. 

"He gave me a home. When I didn't have one. He supported me. When no one else did. He even helped me get a job." Jungkook justified. 

"That's the thing though! He'll find vulnerable people and make them feel like they owe him, next thing you know you're in his pants!" 

Jungkook glared at Mingyu deciding to not mention he just called him vulnerable. "You're just jealous I found friends of my own without you and have someone to rely on that isn't connected to you!" 

"A friend! Jungkook, I wouldn't consider one person, 'friends'!" It was Mingyu's turn to do air quotes. 

"Taehyung, Jimin... Even though he's excitable... And kinda weird... I'd consider him a friend. Jin and Namjoon are like my adoptive parents. Hoseok likes everyone! He's a ball of sunshine! The world is his friend. And I don't talk to Yoongi much but he seems like a really nice chill dude that just takes naps all day long!" Jungkook counted off each one of the people he had met in the past month that helped him get on his feet. 

"Okay... I'm sorry Jungkook. I apologize. It's just. I already lost you once... And I don't want to lose you again. I don't want you to replace me with someone new."

"Oh don't worry Mingyu... There's a special place in my heart for you." Jungkook said with a grain of salt. 

Mingyu bit his cheek. "Jungkook I still love you."

Jungkook was completely taken off his guard with this comment. There wasn't any way that could be true. Mingyu didn't love him... He never loved him.

"Here is your food!" Yugyeom placed the food on the table, with a smile, again acting like he hadn't heard the conversation.  

"Here you go Yugyeom... I'll see you later." Jungkook said handing Yugyeom fifteen dollars. "That should cover my half, keep the rest as a tip. I'm leaving."

"Oh..." Yugyeom took the money looking at Jungkook a little concerned. "I'll see you later then?" He questioned. 

"Yeah," Jungkook replied simply grabbing his banana milk and the crepe that was wrapped in paper. He began walking back to his car parked near the cafe.

"JUNGKOOK!" Mingyu sprinted up to him before he could enter his car. "I just want you to know that I was telling the truth. I still love you." When Jungkook didn't respond Mingyu pressed his lips briefly against Jungkook's before running off.