『Beginning & The End』

Ding. Ding. 『Herohero has Logged Out』

"Hm..?" Jack raised his head, his eyes flashing open as the world faded in from the darkness of his unconsciousness. He had just been sleeping in-game following already being online for the past twenty four hours.

'Herohero-san was online? I'm surprised Momonga-san didn't wake me up...'

His eyes tracked the Throne Room of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. His eyes then traced his friends list. It appeared only Momonga was online. He chuckled quietly to himself.

"I guess we're the only two left," his chest felt a bit heavy at the idea that no one really came back, not even to say goodbye. His sight reached the ground at his feet.

Jack was slouched over on the ground beside the King's Throne. An Item which belonged to Momonga which decorated the massive great hall that was within the home of Ainz Ooal Gown's Nazarick. Taking in a slow breath, he exhaled sharply.

"It wouldn't be long for him to show up," forcing himself to smile, Jack would remain sitting as he opened his item box, taking out a holographic image of his sister. His electric violet-blue eyes shined in the dimly lit room. His wings tucked behind his back. "Why'd this have to end...?" His eyes shifted to the two gigantic doors of the throne room, there was only silence.

Jack could just imagine the Guild members congregating. Coming together and talking. They'd poke fun, talk about their day. New ideas for NPCs, be it a minor change or a new addition.

Locking his sights on the ring upon his finger, he smiled genuinely now, caressing it with his thumb even though he wouldn't feel it at all.

Using the ring to teleport, Jack arrived at the round table room on the ninth floor, just in time to hear a fist crash down on the table it self. Startled, he raised a brow and turned his head to see the disturbance was Momonga himself.

"Hm... No one else came," letting out a sigh he scratched the back of his neck as if it would be of some comfort to himself. He kinda missed Bukubukuchagama, he was expecting her to show up. Yet as he looked at the clock, it didn't really appear that she would be surfacing. Trying so hard no to let out another sigh, his eyes rested on Momonga who was silent for a few moments.

"Oh uh, Cipher-san, I see you're awake. Heh, it's good to see you're still here."

Hearing the man's voice, the voice that had invited him to the Guild, Jack couldn't help but smile brightly. His eyes seemed to shine even in this ambiently bright room with white walls.

"It's good to see you as well Momonga-san. I plan on staying until the end..."

In his right hand was his sister's holographic photograph.

Momonga's eyes rested on the item for a few seconds, wanting to himself himself though it wouldn't be all that visible due to his race as Overlord. "Good to know I won't be here alone."

"I just saw Herohero-san logged off. He say anything?"

"He hopes to see us sometime, somewhere else."

"Oh boy... Well, the World is Small." His fingers caressed at the sharp edge of the photo.

"Especially if you consume all of it, it'll only get smaller." Momonga joked, both of them sharing in a laugh, shaking their heads. Smiling faces appearing in their little speech bubbles. "I needed that." The Overlord would slowly raise from his chair, lightly nudging it out of the way as he settled his gaze on the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown. A weapon that only he could use, something that all the members had contributed in creating. It was truly magnificent.