『Kingdom Come』

Gazef was standing on the wall which surrounded the Valencia Palace in his light place armor, overlooking the Capital City of Re-Estize. In his hand was a fine black box with golden branches, he held it close to his abdomen.

"His sister arrived in the Capital with the head butler, but the other sister hasn't come with and he's nowhere to be seen," Gazef chuckled lightly as he had half expected Jack to show up.

He turned his head to look over towards the Vice Captain, who was standing beside him with his arms crossed over his chest. "Perhaps he had something else to do? He did have his family give you the tea."

Gazef looked down to the box in his hand and nodded slowly. "It has an interesting taste. The leaves were roasted, and while they're bitter, it tastes good with the addition of honey and ginseng which was packed along with it."

Raising a brow at this, the Vice Captain looked over the décor of the box. "It seems we've made an interesting friend? Ever since the Capital of the attack on Carne Village, the Theocracy hasn't made a move."

Lowering his eyes to the streets below, he would turn to face the Vice Captain. "That's because their entire Capital was wiped out overnight."

"What?" The adjunct blinked a few times in shock, "How come I didn't know about this?"

"The King has issued a gag order on the information pertaining to the Theocracy's status, though I don't know how much longer we'll be able to conceal the information. Refugees are starting to show up from villages overrun by Beastmen along the border."

"What on Earth caused it...?"

"Rumor has it, one of their rituals backfired and took out the entire city's population. Another popular rumor started by the Six Great Nobles is that our friend Cipher visited divine retribution upon them." Gazef laughed as he shook his head, he didn't want to believe the man who had saved the village and his men's lives was capable of wiping out hundreds of thousands of people.

However the fact that Jack had referred to himself as a Monster still bothered him.

And that was just a short while before the Slane Theocracy's Capital City was demolished with only the walls partially standing on their own.

"We didn't even know until almost a week after the fact..." Gazef placed his hand on his forehead between his thumb and forefinger. "And it's said that the Platinum Dragon Lord is on the move."

"Seriously!?" The Vice Captain wasn't necessarily able to keep his calm when he heard one of the Thirteen Heroes was moving about.

Gazef nodded, "He's been circling about the Elven territory according to scouts sent out to monitor the Theocracy," he let out a light sigh before shifting about to look over the Palace.

"The Crown Prince is pushing to take over the Slane Theocracy Territory while their government is in pieces and their military forces too scattered to have an organized resistance." The Head Warrior scratched the back of his head with his free hand. He didn't like the idea of going against a nation or people who couldn't even defend themselves properly. Yet at the same time, it would allow them to expand and perhaps fix their economy.

"So... We have six months until the Annual War and the Crowned Prince wants to start a war before that happens which will leave us wide open..."

"For the Baharuth Empire to attack while we're off on another front? It sounds likely."

"Plus we have to worry about that Dragon Lord. He might stand between us and the Theocracy. Like he's been guarding that ruin for two hundred years now..."