『Contract』

Jet sat on the edge of the empty, leaf filled, fountain. His one uncovered eye was on the man who had stolen his 'beloved' Arche, sitting, right beside him. "I'd like you to relinquish your claim on Arche..."

Jack just stared at the young man giving such a statement, a demand. Why would he 'relinquish' the girl who he had just started to date over to him? Why would he surrender anyone to him? His stare lasted long and silently, building up the suspense.

"Yeah... No, that's not going to happen. She accepted my proposal of courtship."

"What do you mean no? I've known her longer than you!"

"Don't pull that card, it means nothing, and please don't shout," Jack chuckled softly as he rested his elbow on his knee and his chin upon his fist. His eyes stared at the front doors of the manor. "This isn't the reason why I invited you here." He had this blank smile on his face, a smile that meant little to nothing pleasant.

"I... I figured it wasn't. I just wanted to let you know, I'm not going to give up on her."

Jack just looked over at Jet for a few moments before looking back over his shoulder towards the Gates. There was another person standing there, someone in a similar uniform to his own, though of the female variety. His eyes then settled back on the young lad sitting beside him.

"Personally, I think you should just stick to what you've got."

Blinking a few times, Jet glanced over his shoulder towards his childhood friend Nemel. His lips parted slightly as she was leaning against the outer gate, waiting for him.

"Is that not a girl you like?"

"She's just my friend..." Jet turned forward, folding his hands in his lap with a light sigh. "So why did you invite me here?" His one eye glared harshly on the Angel who he had met the night before.

"Your mother has a supposedly incurable disease..." Jack imitated that of a yawn, before looking back towards the doors ahead of him. His eyes closing, "If you sign a contract with me, I will cure your mother. If you break this contract, she will rebound and die shortly afterward."

Of course, the rebound was generally a lie, the mother wouldn't just get the disease again, unless it was some sort of curse. That would probably suck pretty badly. Though he had no problem going through with this contract.

Jet froze almost completely when he was given this offer. It made him break out into a cold sweat, wondering what exactly he wanted out of him. He was just a student at the academy...

"Wha-what exactly do you want me to do for you?"

Jack summoned what appeared to be a piece of parchment from thin air, similar to how he had created that invitation, and held it out for Jet to take.

Jet stared at him for a few seconds before his eye dropped down to look at the decorated parchment. It had the same emblem as the wax on the invitation. He would slowly take it from the man's hand and look over the details which were written down.

"What... Is this?" He looked up from the contract and raised a brow at Jack.

"In exchange for saving your mothers life, you, Jet will be my assistant in the Imperial Magic Academy. You will recruit talented individuals with talents like yourself into a club, which I will supervise."

"How are you going to supervise a club in the Academy, you're not even..." That's when he stopped for a moment and leaned back slightly over the inner edge of the fountain.

"Fluder Paradyne, the headmaster has made me an honorary member of the Academy." Jack rolled his jaw as he looked over the young man with a dull look in his eyes.