『Pardon』

The quilted surface of the bed's comforter was the only horizon Arche saw as she hugged the pillow to her heated red face in embarrassment. Her lower body hung off the edge of the bed, her legs lightly kicking slightly. The tips of her feet poked at the wooden floor below.

Her blue eyes stared at the comforter, her thoughts racing through her head, but not as fast as the hammering of her heart. Jack had set her up, when she had thought he meant one thing, he made it looked as if she was some sort of pervert.

"So embarrassing..."

Letting out a slight whine in annoyance, muffled into the pillow, her eyes would move towards the door as she could hear the soles of his leather boots. He was making his way towards the room.

He was coming!?

Clenching her teeth, she would slip off of the bed, pulling the pillow off with her as she stood beside it. Her eyes narrowed on that doorknob as it clicked and turned.

Just then, as the door pushed open she raised the pillow, swinging it behind her head before throwing it forward in a somersaulting motion through the air. Her eyes widened, watching as the Angel entered the room.

As it was about to hit him in the face when his hand came up, and as casually as ever with all the suspense, he caught the pillow with a subtle 'floof' against the palm of his hand. His fingers then dug into the soft surface, grasping the item tightly.

"Oh?" Jack lowered the item from face level, a brow raised as his eyes seemed to shine excitedly. "Someone's wanting to play with pillows?"

Blinking twice, finally noticing what had just happened, nervous sweat drops formed on the side of her face. "Heh... Wait, Jack, it's not what it--"

FLOOF. The pillow came flying back at her, smashing into her face like a marsh mellow, curving around her face and onto her shoulders on impact. Her hair seemed to act negatively to this, no longer being neat and orderly.

Her arms were held out at her sides, her fingers twitching slightly before she reached up and took it from her face. Puckering her eyelids, she glared at him with a sliver of a grin across her lips.

"I'm going to get you for that..." She spoke quietly, sweetly, with a playfully ominous intent.

"Oh, I find that highly improbable." Jack beamed just as playfully as he walked into the room, closing the door carefully behind himself. Once it was clicked shut, he locked the door.

"I... I see..." Feinting a look of disappointment, that's when she would lunge forward, grabbing her staff from beside the bed. "『Fly』!" Suddenly an outline of blue energy could be seen briefly engulfing her before she became airborne. "Haaaaa!"

She was flying right at him, staff in one hand and pillow in the other. She was ready to strike!

"Oh come on! No magic!" Jack snickered as she came at him. Hardly it seemed that he would take this seriously. So she swung the pillow at his head, only for him to duck, causing her to over swing. Then just as she was recuperating, he shot right back up, standing erect in her path.

Squeaking Arche instinctively, though not on purpose, swung the staff towards him in defense. Stopping it as he grasped the shaft in his left hand, he pulled her in along his arm and pinned her back against his torso. Holding her with his arm across her chest and arms, trapping both of her arms in the process.

"Flying in confined spaces doesn't usually work," Jack whispered in her ear as she squirmed against him. Pressing the side of his face into the blonde hair of hers, he rubbed his face into her cheek. A small smirk remaining across his lips as he locked eyes with her.