『Angel Hearts』

Tsssssssss. Standing in front of the government building of the border City, Jack held a rocket shaped glass bottle to his lips, a bubbly brown liquid being poured down his gullet. As he lowered the bottle from his lips, he glanced over towards his sister and the Battle Maid, before turning his head to look at the door. They had been in there for a short while already, getting their payment for a job well done.

After about fifteen or so minutes, they calm walking out. Big smiles on Termite, Goltron and Imina's faces. Arche on the other hand seemed to be cradling the sack of coins in her hand.

He could see the coins which had been given to her hadn't been enough. Pursing his lips slightly, he tilted his head to the side slightly. "Everyone get their rewards?" Jack asked with a brow raised.

"Yeah, we got it good this time." Termite said with a light nod, tucking the small sack into his belt.

Imina smiled as a response, before everyone looked to Goltron.

"I'm going to be donating most of it to the orphanages... Since I'm not able to heal people without having them pay a fee. For only if this was a God fearing nation..." The high priest let out a sigh as he looked at the little brown sack in his hand.

"Can't they pay with Goods and Services rendered, rather than money alone?" Jack asked curiously as he knew bartering was still common place in a medieval society, even when it was run by a bureaucratic party of sorts.

Goltron raised a brow at this, the man was talking about he'd choose to be paid over money. It didn't sound all that much different. "What'd you mean?"

Jack simply traced over his attire, before looking at his face. "You're a worker, you're not held to the same rules as Adventurers, correct? You want to heal people for free, find a loop hole around whatever it stopping you from doing so.."

Goltron blinked at this, placing a thoughtful thumb against his jaw.

"If they're able, have them dance for you. Sing for you if they not have legs. And if they can't do either, have them write a story or a poem. Or have them sign a waiver that you're testing various different healing techniques on them. I don't know the laws as of yet, but there are many ways that get around a law that restricts one's use of power..." Jack advised before turning his eyes to Arche who was looking at him curiously.

He had touched her behind earlier to throw her into the wagon and his sister had acted as a complete brat up until now. She just stared through him for a few moments before looking off towards the North East, the direction of the Capital City of Arwinter.

"Is it time to go, Jack-oniisama?" Shizu her eyes on the bottle in his hand, eying the carbonated drink.

His eyes shifted up and down over the girl for a few moments before holding the half drank bottle over to her. Which she quickly snatched and started drinking it avidly. He just stood there and watched her for a few seconds. The other members of the group also casting their gaze on the woman who was consuming the liquid that only the three from Nazarick would be able to identify.

"What is that? Bubbly sewage water?"

"Cola," Jack responded as Shizu burped, turning his attention over towards Arche again.

"Cola...?"

"It's a beverage from our home nation," Jack casually leaned on the wall near the door. "It's water and other ingredients infused with carbon via hanging it over a beer vat."

"So its brewed..." Goltron stared at it for a few moments before looking over at Jack, "Is it alcoholic?"

"No, not at all. If anything it has a high concentration of sugar in it, so it's super sweet."