『Sticker』

It had been four days since he last opened his eyes, eaten or even moved from the bed.

Jack's hues seemed to glow through the cracks of his eyelids as they slowly lifted from their long slumber. The weight from someone laying on or even clinging to his wings were gone for a while now.

When had they left him? He was curious. The moment he had let his unconsciousness take over, he had lost himself in lucid dreams. Ones which explored the past, his past and the possibilities that he computed in his mind. How life could have turned out should he have not been in game or if their friends remained. It set him at ease, the imagination that traveled through endless possibilities.

He closed his eyes again, but he didn't feel the need to slip into the darkness of his unconsciousness. So his eyes opened again, sticking slightly together as pulled them apart for a second time. "Hm..." He glossed his lips slightly with the tip of his tongue, his mouth was dry, that was for sure.

Resting with his head on the pillow, his eyes focused forward towards the ceiling above. A fake sky dotted with a simulated universe. Stars, super novas and nebulae filled with moving interstellar gases.

In a way he could lay there forever and just watch it. He had no problem in doing so. That was until he went to rub his face and felt something on his cheek.

Reaching up with his finger, he would poke a One Yen sticker which had been pasted to his cheek.

"..." The only place he had seen a one yen sticker was on one of the maids. CZ if he could be mistaken. Frowning slightly he would pull the sticker off the side of his face and tuck it into his item box. Sadly, he could still feel the residue on his cheek from the

Sitting up, he'd drape his legs over the side of the bed before springing to his feet. He felt empowered, but it could hardly make him forget what he had done. Even if he didn't want to forget.

He knew the Blade of Azrael would have negated the loss and gain of Karma from killing others with it directly or just by wielding it while he killed others. So that meant his power didn't lessen considering it hadn't dropped into the negative.

With a higher karma of an Angel, the higher the powered racial class and related spells could possess. That was common knowledge for a YGGDRASIL player as a Holy spell would likely have less effect being cast by a person with negative karma, vice versa.

So in the end, having to use a special ability to readjust his karma values was unnecessary, and no one had to sacrifice their own health to do it for him either. All he had to do now was live with what he had done, even though he had initially thought he was right to decimate an entire city. The only good thing that would come out of it would be the Elves no longer being on the losing side of the war.

The problem that could arise though is that the Slane Theocracy was wide open to be conquered by the Exclave, if they weren't so occupied in trying to invade the Holy Roble Kingdom. If the Slane Theocracy were to completely fall, that would then leave the Elves at the mercy of the Beastmen.

Jack didn't want Elves to suffer for his actions, even then, he didn't want the Elf King to live either.

He was refusing to help his people, people who he is sworn to protect as the King.

Looking over his armor which had been neatly placed in the corner of the room. He couldn't help but smile before standing up, his stomach growling at him for neglecting his dietary needs.

"I guess this is the only time I wish I was Undead?" Jack snickered to himself as a joke, considering Momonga didn't have to eat and probably didn't have to sleep. "Probably not..." As he thought about it, that was probably a bad thing to wish for.