『Doppelganger』

Eve was seated on her knees upon the bed of her brother's. Staring up at the large suit of armor waving a finger at her. It was surely speaking, but like another episode of Charlie Brown, all she heard was: "Wahwahwahwahwahwah."

It was the one and only Momonga, dressed in his full plate armor as he had been planning on leaving Nazarick to prepare to infiltrate E-Rantel. He was telling her to stop pestering the Floor Guardians about her brother's location. Especially that of the Dark Elf Twins Mare and Aura. She was starting to get on just about everyone's nerves due to her almost clingy nature.

However just as he was about to get done lecturing her, a portal gate opened up directly beneath her.

"Eh?" Momonga watched as the child form vanished into the purple swirling energy that was now where she once was. "What just... Jack?" He would've blinked several times if he had eyelids, watching as the portal vanished before his eyes.

Eve's knees came crashing down onto the wooden panel floors, like a rock, causing many of the wooden shoot up form the ground. It was like she had been a meteor and she was now surrounded by a small creator just about her size.

"Hello!" Eve bounced up onto her feet, as if nothing happened at all. A wide open smile on her face as she sprung her hands into the air and jumped at her brother. Wrapping her arms around his shoulders and burying her face in his chest. "Ainz-sama was being so mean!"

"Oh?"

"He was yelling at me, because I was worried!"

Jack stared down at her, she was clearly twisting the truth. That was what she always did in his past life, and since he had written her like she was without his own ideals on how a sister should be, he let out a light sigh and patted her on the head.

"Stop troubling Momonga," Jack watched as she slowly slid down his tall form and took a step back from him the moment she was back on her feet.

She had that inflated cheek and frown on her face as her arms were crossed over her chest.

"And stop it with the face," Jack ordered as he reached over, flicking her nose playfully.

Squealing and covering her nose, she tightened her lower lip before blinking a few times as she just noticed the surroundings. Her eyes took in the scenery. This place... It was horrible, abandoned and dirty. "What in the heck is this place?"

"This place," He rested a hand on the top of her head, "Is our forward operating base. It'll make it easier to work in this city if we own property here."

"Hmmmmm..." Eve stared at the ruined sofa, then towards the arm chair. Her eyes then glanced down at the rotten rug which was in front of a really dirty fireplace. "There's no way in heck, you're making me clean this place up!" She immediately snapped, ducking out from beneath his hand and lunging towards the fold out dining table behind her.

Jack simply chuckled lightly, "Even if I give you ten gold pieces?"

"Where in the heck am I going to spend it!?"

"Why are you suddenly using heck in every sentence?" Jack frowned slightly as she seemed a bit hyped. Did she eat a shit ton of sugar or something? "And in the market." He'd point toward the window that overlooked the defunct front yard.

That was when Momonga's voice erupted in the back of Jack's head, having used Message to speak to him from the Great Tomb of Nazarick.

"...Jack, where did Eve just go?"

"Hm? Oh right, you were in the middle of lecturing her, so she said." Jack snickered lightly.

"She has been bothering the Floor Guardians day in and day out about where you are... Where are you by the way?" Momonga was curious to what his friend and guild mate had been up to.