『Cubed』

Jack stood there with the Rubik's cube in his hand. He had just reverted the state of the house back a few years by using a spell he found in the grimoire. The whole building looked as if it had been restored to its former glory. Of course, before devouring the book and learning all of its contents. Something that he wanted to know if it was at all possible to do in this world as he could in YGGDRASIL.

He was staring at the cube which was in his hands. Where did it come from exactly? Was it from this world? Or had it been brought into this world by someone else? Poking his tongue against his cheek as he stared the dimensions in thought.

As he moved towards the back of the manor, he walked by Solution who was standing in an empty room, staring out a window at the backyard.

Jack would make his way over to the northern door, which brought him to the backyard. As he stepped outside, his gaze followed the ground. It looked like the grounds were rather uneven. The soil was clearly disturbed.

A frown formed over his lips as he looked closely, it looked like someone had dug up the backyard. It was a mass burial site and from what he could only conclude, all the bodies here likely belonged to slaves. The idea that they had all been killed off and buried in the backyard annoyed him. Even though the vegetation and grass were growing healthily.

His eyes moved to the sky above, hours had gone by since he had dismissed the adventurers and the sky was beginning to become dark.

"Hm..." A feeling of dread was passing over him. This place had been out of order for some years, so these people must have been dead for a while.

The ear that was in the box was likely a memento. Those whom had been buried here, they were probably elves which had been sold into slavery.

Closing his eyes tightly, he would open them again. However he quickly realized there were no tears in his eyes. That feeling of dread remained, but his emotions felt stoically detached, held at bay.

Slowly he would turn to look towards the house, an ambient frown across his lips.

Sebas was still following his sister around the house. She seemed to be roaming, exploring. Solution had since left the room which she had been standing in. He had no idea where she had gone.

As he looked at the sky again, he could see birds flying over head. Little white doves. Or at least that is what he thought they were. He had yet to look at the book about birds in this world.

"Might as well tell Momonga about this," his eyes shifted to the Rubik's cube in his hand.

『Message』

"Momonga." Jack called out for his friend in a moderate tone, walking over and leaning against the stone walls which lined the back of his property.

"Hm? What's going on Jack?" Momonga asked as he was actually in the middle of a Slime Bath with the Sapphire Slime. He was enjoying the silence for the most part, while planning is next moves carefully.

"There's been a strange occurrence," Jack entailed as he tossed the Rubik's cube up and down in his hand.

"Oh?"

"I was used a portal to drop a bunch of ruined furniture, somewhere in the Slane Theocracy."

"I'm pretty sure that's what they call Illegal Dumping."

"Yes, no? Whatever. When I dropped all the stuff, something came through it to my side before the portal could dissipate." He scratched the back of his head in thought.

"Something?"

"A Rubik's cube."

"... This World seems primitive, like Medieval Europe, where would a Rubik's cube come from?"