『Job』

Jack's eyes stared through the Court Wizard for a few moments, waiting for him to answer. It felt as if he was wasting time, stalling, in order to think of something.

"The Slane Theocracy had a large cache of magic items, I'd like you to see if you can find any left in the ruined city." Fluder twirled his wrist slightly as he talked, a big smile across his lips as he did so. This seemed to be a personal job that he wanted done.

Jack who knew exactly what happened to the city, frowned lightly at this. It was definitely important, if he hadn't already taken most of the items worthy of value.

Arche raised a brow as they were being used as scavengers. Not that she minded. If they were being sent to go find magic items, there was sure to be a lot of money involved!

"And what about the surrounding cities?" Jack asked as he tilted his head to the side slightly. "And the exclave?" His eyes weren't rather happy with this job, it was very apparent.

Though he wasn't the leader of Foresight, he was pretty much their sponsor now? That was the right term right...? Jack pursed his lips in thought before looking down towards Arche, her dull having started to disappear from her face. As if her teacher had given her a job worth doing.

"The Second Imperial Legion is being sent to the front in order to push back the Beastmen, aiding the remnants of the Theocracy's military forces." Fluder responded with a bit of information which most people probably wouldn't know. "From my knowledge, there might be some caches of valuable items in the other cities, but I haven't looked into it."

Jack's eyes wandered on over to the Emperor who was watching them, before slowly moving back to Fluder. "I have plans for tomorrow, and you still have to orient me with the Academy."

Arche looked up at him with a brow raised, not sure why he was so adamant on declining. Plans could be changed and he could be oriented with the Academy at almost any time.

Fluder blinked a few times and placed a hand on his beard. "Right... Right.." the Old man stressed his eyes slightly. "What about helping round up undead for the Undead Labour Project I told you about?"

Jack nodded slowly. The idea of using undead for labour, at least the lesser undead which had little sentient thought, would be practical. That and they probably wouldn't have to go far. Collecting undead from cemeteries and other areas such as the plains would be a somewhat easy task.

One that didn't have a risk of being poisoned from the after effects of a nuclear explosion related spell.

Arche frowned slightly, she hated dealing with the undead, though she couldn't argue with the fact that it was not only easier, but closer to home. Now that she had her sisters, she didn't want to go too far away. Even if Jack could teleport them back in an instant.

"Or perhaps you could see if you can make them stronger?"

"Stronger?" Jack raised a brow at the idea of doing such a thing. He shook his head, there was no way to level them from what he could tell. At least in the game, one couldn't usually level zombies or undead they've summoned. Though there also wasn't really a point in doing so, as they only lasted a certain amount of time or had set stats.

"How about we just round them up?" Arche suggested as she leaned into Jack, who's been behind her.

Jack slowly nodded, "Still have to run this by the group's leader. I'll just be tagging along and helping if needed." His hand lightly moved up and began combing down through the back of her hair.

Arche motioned her head in agreement before looking around, before noting two people coming out of one of the bedrooms. It was Termite and Imina.

The Emperor and the other Bodyguards started to move on.