『OnGuard』

The next morning, Jack's eyes slowly slid open, welcoming dim light which traversed through the soft blue curtains in the windows. He lay there, on the end of the bed. The sound of quiet shallow breathing of those asleep around him could be heard.

Stiffly, he turned his head to the side and rested his gaze on Arche who was laying with her sisters enveloped in her arms and beneath the comforter.

A smile crept across his lips as he took in the scene. In her sleep he could see the smile on her face. The warmth that she had been so longing for was right there. She had her sisters.

Jack's brain though felt like it had been fried from all of the conversations he had the night before. Especially the ones from Fluder, and that researcher friend of his, Sophia. They were all about magic this, magic that. It was hard to get any time to just talk with Arche at all.

"I knew I should've just turned the other way..." He uttered quietly as he rested a palm on his face.

As he sat up, he looked over the three girls. The twins were hugging one another and Arche had her two arms around both of them. When he decided to slip off the side of the bed, he would pull the quilt over the trio's shoulders before walking to the bedroom door.

His eyes rested on the iron rod which Arche had been using up until now as a Magic Staff.

Plucking it from the wall it was rested up against after he had taken its place on the bed. He tilted his head to the side slightly, lightly squeezing it. It was rather light for an iron piece, but it was clear to him that it was not really the case. Jack was just no longer human.

"Cute," He muttered as he gazed over the loose wrapping around the top of the medium. His gaze then turned back to look at the three blondes and kept that small smile that had crept across his lips.

"Perhaps we will be able to fo something else today..." Resting the staff back against the wall, he would step out of the room and close the door softly behind him.

Looking both ways, he pursed his lips at the silence which ensued. Turning his head to the side though as he heard rustling in the bed in the room he had just left. He raised a brow and rested his ear against the door.

"Oneesama~"

"Oneesama~"

"Mmmm... What is it?" Arche's eyes opened slightly as she looked over her little sisters which she still held in her arms. She then glanced down towards the end of the bed and blinked. Jack wasn't there.

"Oniichan woke up."

"He said your staff was cute."

Arche blinked a few more times as she looked to the staff which was resting against the wall. How was an iron staff cute? "Are you sure?"

Sitting up she would release her sisters who took turns scaling off the side of the bed and jumping to the floor. They were wearing little white underdresses and full leggings.

Arche on the other hand was revealed to just be dressed in a large brown tunic which she had been wearing under her robes, along with some long socks. The rest of her attire was folded and placed on the dresser. As she slipped off the side of the bed and glanced around the room, she tilted her head.

Why he had left the room? She was already curious of why he had slept at the end of the bed. It kind of reminded her of a guard dog, protecting whomever it sought to protect.

"Jack?" She called out as she walked over to the dresser and started pulling on her other articles of clothing until she was fully dressed again. The pink turtleneck covering her robes, and a fine mantle on her back.