『House Call』

A man sat there on a sofa held together by makeshift paste. His eyes on his nails as he caressed the tips of his fingers with his thumb. Cold eyes, dark exterior. His face was covered by a cloak like the two men who were sitting on either side of him.

He was the ringleader of the group of loan sharks who had been giving the family money, in order to appear as nobility despite having lost their status and revenue.

"Your daughters should be here in a small while," His eyes rested on the two adults on the other side of the room. The woman looking bothered and the father looking on with deep pride in his roots.

"They are your collateral, if I am not mistaken, if your daughter is unable to pay the dues you owe." The man said, causing the older blonde woman to shift in her seat. Her eyes on the coffee table in the center of the room.

The family Butler was standing by the door, frowning at the mistress of the house. She hadn't spoken up since the arrival of this man. Nor had she even confronted her husband over the matter as he was just being agreeable in order to get this done and over with!

He was beginning to feel even more sorry for the young miss who had taken up residence elsewhere.

"Do not fret," The master of the house said as he had his hands balled up into the pant legs of his fancy slacks. "That snide, ungrateful, daughter of ours will come through! If not, they will have to endure until we regain our status and get bring them back!" He turned to his wife, nodding with the delusion that this would all blow over in the end. That they would be complete once they regained their status...

Sneering at the delusional couple as the former noblewoman agreed with her husband, he shook his head. He was sure these two were going to be milked till the very end. Until there was nothing left and they'd still want more!

What or who will be sacrificed next?

He was sure the little ones would fetch a price on the market, and even the young lady Arche would too. The question that was gnawing at the back of his mind though, was where they were right now?

The men he had sent to capture the girls haven't returned yet and they had been sent hours ago. His eyes shifted towards the window in the room, a closed mouth growl emanating from his throat.

The two other men who were standing behind the sofa, on his side, were watching the two and their butler. They didn't need any unnecessary mishaps, not that there was going to be any.

Though he was also pretty confident that if he couldn't take the girls, he was going to be taking these two and selling them instead. That is where he knew there would be a problem that could arise. Damage on these older folk would definitely take some time to heal.

He was thinking of ways to disable them without actually hurting them too much. The last thing he needed was a short lived slave being sold to a client.

Resting a hand on his knee, he shifted in the sofa, retaining an erect posture all the while.

That was until suddenly the front door of the manner was kicked open.

Everyone's eyes darted to the door of the reception room, wide eyes. "James! Check out what that was!"

James, just stared at the Master of the house for a few seconds before nodding. Letting out a sigh as he had his back to his masters, he opened the door to the room and stepped out into the corridor. Locking the room from the outside as he did so.

As he turned his head away from the door, he narrowed his sights on two familiar forms coming down the passageway. "Ah, Arche-sama, welcome back." The man would bow to her slightly, as a butler should normally. "I wish I had..."