『Masks』

The three kitchen slaves watched as Eve strode into the kitchen with quick haste, mumbling inaudibly. Slamming the piece of parchment given by the Emperor upon the counter, with her hand spread out.

She didn't speak. Her eyes quickly scanned the room before she started to move again! She grabbed a wooden steam basket for making dumplings and put it on the countertop beside the magic stove. She continued to gather equipment

When she was finished gathering all of that she needed. She would run around getting the ingredients from around the kitchen. Onions, garlic, seasonings, ground beef and pork. She even gathered soy sauce and tofu along with so much more.

Slapping down at a cutting board upon the counter and a stepping stool before it, she'd grab the onions. She'd peal the layered skin of the vegetables with her fingers, like a cat clawing away at a catnip filled ball. The juices and flesh would get stuck beneath her perfectly rounded nails.

Throwing the skin to the ground, she banished a knife, sniffling slightly. Her eyes narrowed on the white onions and then began to rapidly cut at the onions, dicing them with blurry movements.

The three others present in the room began to walk up behind her. Whispering to one another as they could see she didn't seem all that happy. As she was breathing through her nose, they could see the tears and the redness in her eyes.

Though they contributed it to actual crying.

Despite this, they couldn't deny her skill.

"Eve-sama, are you alr--"

Eve quickly turned to Rhome, for the first time giving someone an actually stern expression. "Preparatory work!" She pointed the onion gut covered knife towards the piece of paper she had put down on the counter earlier.

She didn't seem at all in the mood for being comforted. At least not for the time being.

Rhome and Driskel looked at one another with furrowed brows of concern. Neither of them could read. Then the two turned their eyes to the elf who was looking up at them.

"Oh, of course. The token elf has to do everything!" Cici sarcastically threw her arms in the air.

Eve looked over towards Cici, almost laughing, only to turn away before going back to work.

A small grin formed over Cici's lips before she confidently waltzed over towards the counter and pulled the sheet of paper off of it. Looking over the items, she nodded to herself. "Alright boys! Lets get started on the custard filled red bean buns!"

With the four of them at work they were quick to prepare everything. This would definitely cut the time needed to prepare the sample work. Which was nice since they only had to prepare for eight people rather than over a hundred. It was good practice considering.

Considering how assorted the foods were that were chosen to be sampled, and likely be the same dishes being served at the ball. It was definitely going to give them culinary practice of various fields.

Since there were no miniature sesame buns in this New World, they had to be made from scratch. They couldn't wait hours for the food either. It was the Emperor they were cooking for. Thankfully they had plenty of magical instruments which would help them cook things in a much quicker manner than normal. Mostly thanks to Eve's expertise in production skills.

Sweat, tears. At least there was no blood being spilled to get this all done and over with.

As the three were already particularly skilled in the cooking, they hardly got burned.

Eight miniature mixed meat burgers on sesame buns, cream cheese crepes with lemon meringue, custard filled red bean buns, taco pizza, batches of curly fries, breaded chicken tenders, fried tofu, cabbage stuffed with rice and meat, green peppers stuffed with meat loaf and bowls red bean ice cream.