『Proper Attire』

As Jack returned to the Manor, his hand rested on the front gate as he stared at the property. What if he hadn't gone off to investigate the issue regarding the Rubik's Cube? While he was able to learn quite a bit from assimilating and devouring those who he had come in contact with, he was definitely sure things could've been different.

His mind was going back to the moment when Demiurge arrived and practically put down an elf girl who could no longer fight. While it was probably in the Arch-Devil's nature to want to protect the supreme beings above anything else, he didn't see it as necessary...

He closed his eyes as he also thought over the fact that he had her head in his item box. He was practically carrying her around, keeping her bound to him, even in death. In a way, it kind of crept him out, but at the same time he saw it as some sort of strange obligation.

She had said that she wanted to marry the person who could defeat her, him of all people. Her mannerisms made it a bit creepy, but overall she just seemed like she was raised to be this way.

After all, she was the daughter of the Elf King, a man who had raped her mother. Jack could only imagine how she would have turned out in the Kingdom of Elves. Perhaps she would've been a better ruler? Or would her father have used her in an indescribable manner? There was no way for him to know what would've happened if her life had turned out differently. Though he knew for sure, he probably wouldn't have fought her.

His eyes rested on the front door of the Manor. Everything was a little too quiet inside.

So as he moved onto the property, strolling up to the door and pushing his way inside. He glanced around the common room to find nothing and no one.

"Weird," He was wondering where she could have gone off to. His eyes then shifted towards the stairway and he instinctively started lunging up the steps silently.

Casually he would walk down the corridor of the second floor. His tracing over the spot where the wraiths had been put down. His eyes then moved over towards the doorway with a door hanging open.

Lulling his head to the side, he lazily walked into the room and took in the surroundings. There was plenty of new things in this house, especially in this room. A few feet from the door was a massive bed with a semi-circular shaped mattress and wooden headboard.

His eyes shifted down to the lump beneath the covers and smirked slightly. He could see whatever the form was, seemed to be sleeping.

Reaching over, he would pull it back and raise a brow to see his sister laying there with a penguin plush doll held close to her chest.

"Huh..." Slowly draping the covers over her once again, he went to turn around and walk away.

In that moment a large shadow cast over him and he turned his head just in time for the covers to come fluttering down on top of him. He stood there in the dark as it overcame his entire being, temporarily locking him in the darkness.

Jack just stood there for a few seconds in the dark before grasping onto the covers and tugging them off. Just as the light settled in, a shape stood from the bed and leaped toward him.

"Onii-sama!"

It was none other than Eve as she propelled herself through the air, having kicked off the side of the bed, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

With her hands now locked behind his neck, her forearms rested on his shoulders as she hung freely from his torso. Staring up at him with a wide grin across her lips. "Did you change your mind!? Am I coming with you!?"

Jack just stared for a good minute before reaching up and pinching both sides of her face, pulling at her cheeks as he did so. "You'd be here all alone, wouldn't you.." He pursed his lips slightly as it seemed Momon may not stay at the house. Or if he did, he wouldn't be around a lot if he were going out of his way to do jobs and such.