Chapter 29: The Twenty Sixth Letter

“If you got wings I need someone too”, I was told these words in my dream. I had yet another dream about you. You had been haunting my dreams all week. And I’m scared. I’m honestly very scared. I’m even scared to show I’m scared. I probably don’t make any sense. But I’m undecided. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or if it is a bad thing. I all I know is that my everything is wanting to see you.

I’m still scared what if you push me away? What will I do then? How would I live? Would I go back to the way I was? Just like I was before I met you.

Before I met you. My life was this linear equation. Just a plan old y = MX + c. A straight line. My heart had beat like a linear equation back then. As my life did everything was straight forward. No turns. No corners. No dead ends. No ups. No downs.

So that’s exactly how I saw life. It had no turns. No corners. No dead ends. No up. No downs. Just a plan old straight line. Not the same equation I have come to love.

Then when I first met you. I experienced my first bump. Oh and I loved that. I regret nothing. Stealing your bigga naks was the best thing that I have ever done.

And like that, just like that my plan old linear equation. Metamorphosed into a parabola equation. It went from y = MX + c to y = ax² + bx + c. This life with the you had a bump. It was exciting. It was new. And it interest me.

And then when we got to know each other my life went from a every cute function to something more problematic. Something more interesting. Something more exciting. When we became friends my life changed from a very cute function to a problematic, melodramatic calculus mathematical equation.

Its got ups. Its got downs. Its got corners. Its got dead end. I know it sounds whack. But this is one equation I will not back out of. This y = ax³ + bx² + CX + d is my life now. And I would not trade it for all the luxury in the whole world and a bag of bigga naks. I will always be proud of this equation even if it ends with no solution.

I would love it. I mean I already do love it. I love the pain. I love the jealousy. I love the hurt. I love the trust. I love the obsession. I love the ups. I love the corners. I love the dead ends. I will not give it up for anything. I will not give up on you. Never.