Chapter 32: The Twenty Ninth Letter

I saw the moon today. So I’m going to quote Halsey now. You know I can’t stop myself. Halsey says that one shouldn’t trust the moon. I disagree with her. We trust the moon. I trust the moon. The moon tells us when it is Eid.

But I saw the moon today. Physics says that the moon just reflects the Sun’s light. So it accepts help. It shines on borrowed light. It circles the Earth. It is never the same. And yet it is always the same. The same reflections months and months of the same phases.

I saw the moon today. And I say it is still the prettiest thing in the sky. It shines. But not to bright. Its sometimes empty. Its sometimes full. Its sometimes dark. But its mostly light. See the moon goes through phases. Just like you. Just like me. Just like most people. Every phase is different. But it is never something new.

We all can be the moon. I mean we are all the moon sometimes. We all need to borrow light sometimes. We all go through different phases. But sooner or later the new moon is born. And it is always better when we reflect.

So why not trust the moon. It shows us that we can shine in our darkest hours. It teaches us that we should not be afraid to accept help. It expresses that the prettiest light is the one that shines through all phases.