Chapter 3: Confrontation

Inkopolis, a nice city filled with the kind species known as Inklings and Octolings. Three years ago you started your travels to find the weapons that belonged to the lost Kings of Lucis. Now though, you were practicing your shooting skills.

As the shot from your Cerberus sniper rifle rang through, you missed the target. Again. You were never a very good shot, but Meggy was kind enough to let you use her training field when she wasn't using it. Missing yet another shot, you groan in frustration. You then hear someone walking up behind you. You turned to see it was your favorite orange Inkling girl, Meggy. 

For some reason, you connected with her, Desti, Tari and Saiko more than you did with the guys. Probably because of the fact that they were a lot more intelligent. Not saying you didn't have fun with SMG4 and them, but when you had to recharge your brain cells, you hung out with the girls. They never minded, in fact they always looked forward for when you wanted to talk or go do something. In this case, Meggy wanted to come train with you.

And now to help you with your aiming.

Meggy: Having a hard time?

Y/n: You could say that.

You take a look at the bullet holes covering everything BUT the target. Meggy frowns as she sees the frustrated look on your face, then blushed as an idea came to her. She could use this as a reason to not only help your aim, but also benefit her, being so close to you.

You hear her walk closer, then blush as you felt her body press against your back. Her hand taking yours and putting it on the stock of the rifle.

Meggy: First of all, your breathing too hard, and letting the frustration get to you. Take calm, deep breaths.

You do just that, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Meggy: The position you were in is for those who are a little more comfortable firing a sniper, instead lay the rifle on the barricade to help keep it stable. Your hand resting on the stock so it doesn't jerk as much or hit you in the face when you fire it. Keep your breathing steady, and when you fire, squeeze the trigger.

Breathing more calmly, you fire. You manage to hit the target in the second inner-most circle. A smile forming on your face, you turn around and hug Meggy, surprising her but she happily returned it.

Y/n: Thank you Meggy!

Meggy: Haha, no problem.

The two of you pulled away from the hug and talk, after a while Meggy's phone rings. Seeing it was Desti, she answered it.

Meggy: Hello, Desti?

Desti: Meggy, oh thank god! You need to get here quick! Alex and I got into another argument, but this time he went berserk! I have myself locked in his room, but I hear him trying to break it down!

Just like that Meggy heard banging on a door and Desti crying out in fear.

Meggy: Come on Y/n, Desti's in trouble!

You nodded and ran next to her, on your way to Desti. Eventually you reach a house.

Meggy: This is Alex's house, come on!

You and Meggy ran in, hearing crashing coming from upstairs. The both of you ran up and heard incoherent shouting. The door was locked, but you quickly busted it down. 

The sight in front of you angered you and Meggy. Desti's sweatshirt was laying on the floor, with her shirt ripped, exposing her breasts. She was crying as she was tied up and, who you assumed as Alex was in the middle of pulling down her shorts.

You run up and with a sharp kick to the head, he fell off the bed. Meggy ran up and untied her, wrapping her arms around her to comfort her. Meggy tried giving Desti her sweatshirt back, but she refused it, knocking it away as she held onto Meggy. Alex finally got his bearings and shot you a look of hatred.

Alex: And who the hell are you!?

Y/n: All you need to know is that I'm Desti's friend. And you need to leave her alone from now on.

Alex: Hahaha... HAHAHAHA!!! You break into MY house, and tell ME what to do?! 

Alex reaches behind him and pulls out a revolver. He points it at you.

Alex: That little bitch owes me, and I intend to get what I deserve for all I've given her. Now leave, her and the orange girl. Or I'll kill you.

You stand there, not moving. Not afraid of his little threat. You know whatever he plans to do won't work. 

Alex: Last chance buddy!

To add to your defiance, you take a step forward.

He fires.

But it was blocked.

Meggy looked, it was hard to see, but a glass version of your sword blocked the bullet. Whatever sunlight came in from the cracks of the blinds made the small crystals floating around you to glitter. You walked towards him as he shot more. More of your weapons appeared in their glass-looking forms blocking the shots. As you walk towards him, he begins to cower in fear. Still he tried to punch you, but you caught it.

Y/n: Its guys like you who give us a bad name.

With one swift punch, he was out cold. Taking off your jacket, you walk over and wrap it around the crying Octoling. This one she didn't push away. You help Meggy pick your friend up, escorting her to the portal to the castle. Bringing her to her room, she mentions she wanted to take a shower. Before you left, you felt her hug you.

Desti: Thank you, Y/n. Meggy.

You turn around and return the hug, she smiled at you as she closed the door.

Meggy: Thanks for helping Y/n.

Y/n: Of course. I'll always be there to help you. All of you.

Meggy smiles as she went to her room.

"I'll always be there to protect you."