Chapter 22: The Search For Rune-stones Part 1

Y/n: So how did the general public enjoy our stupidity and massive shit-post?

Meggy: To start off, the citizens of Inkopolis actually quite enjoyed the stream. They think it's good to have a King who can have fun and be themselves. And they also respect that you took this position at such a young age.

Desti: So they would have no problems having a few guards in Inkopolis.

Y/n: Great. And the Beanbean Kingdom?

Saiko: They had a great time. Everyone enjoyed it. Even Queen Bean couldn't stop laughing. So she has no problems letting you search for the Rune-stones.

Tari: And everyone here in Insomnia had a good time too.

Y/n: That's great to hear. Well then, I suppose I should head over and start the search for the Rune-stones.

Saiko: Um, just you?

Meggy: you know we are coming with you right?

Desti: Yeah, you did make us your Kingsglaive so we can protect you, didn't you?

Y/n: Are you sure you want to come along?

Tari: Of course! 

Y/n: knowing you girls, there is no changing your minds is there?

Saiko: Nope.

Y/n: Alright. Go pack everything you need. If we leave now we could reach a hotel in the Kingdom that owes me a free night for helping them.

Tari: Woooo! Road trip!

Everyone goes to their respective room to begin packing. Once you packed everything you needed, you exited the room and came face to face with Mario and Peach.

Y/n: Mario, Peach how can I help you?

Peach: By taking a quick walk with us. We need to have a small talk with you.

Y/n: Did I do something wrong?

Mario: No, we just need to let you know something.

You, Mario and Peach make your way to the Castle Courtyard. The edge of the fountain being the perfect place to take a seat.

Y/n: So what did you want to talk to me about?

Peach: Just about how proud we are of you. 

Y/n: Huh? Where is this coming from?

Peach: Because, everyone knows a war between Ifrit and us will break out soon. I don't want to leave things unspoken. Just in case.

Mario: We aren't your real parents, we know that. But I can say that we are happy that you were brought to us.

You couldn't help but shed a tear or few.

Y/n: And I'm proud to say that I'm glad that I had you to be my parents. 

Peach: We love you, Y/n. In our eyes you will always be our son. And all we ask is for you to be careful out there. 

Mario: Also, we know that Saiko and the others are going with you. So protect them like they're gonna protect you.

You hugged both your mother and father figures and then go to leave. But of course, Peach has to put one more thing in.

Peach: And be sure to use plenty of protection!

Y/n: PEACH!

She only laughed. You slam the door closed and head outside, picking up your luggage on the way.