Chapter 35: Taking The Fight to Them

The trip back to Insomnia was a loud one. Everyone was celebrating the rescue of Meggy and Desti. Well, they were also celebrating Desti's revival as well. You also kept your promise and told the girls about your scar.

Soon, it became a small story as most of the younger Inklings and Octolings wanted to hear about it. Of course, you left out the part where you saw the past, present, and the future and you may have over exaggerated some things for the kids.

The girls smiled and loved how nice and playful you were with the kids. They began to think how good of a father you'd be to your own kids.

Y/n: And right when he thought he had me, I punched him where there was no armor, jumped over him, then gave him a small cut to finish it. As he kneeled in front of me he told me that I truly was worthy of my power and my role as king.

The kids went wide eyed and started cheering.

Meggy: Alright kids, we don't want to inflate his highnesses ego any further.

Desti: Go on, get some rest. We still have a ways to go before we get home.

As the parents led their kids away, the children waved bye to you and you waved by back.

Saiko: That was cute and sweet of you.

Tari: Well, he does take care of Boopkins almost every day, so I'm not surprised he's good with kids.

You smile and blush at the compliments they were giving you.

Desti: So what do we do now?

Y/n: Simple. We gather our troops, make our way to the Ruins of Nifilheim, defeat Ardyn and stop Ifrit once and for all.

Meggy: Easier said than done.

Saiko: Do we know where Nifilheim is?

Y/n: Uh... no. But, I will!

They all look at each other before softly giggling.

Captain: Attention all passengers, we are about to reach Insomnia Harbor! Please make sure you have everything you need!

Almost everybody grabbed some of the boxes of supplies and got ready to disembark. Seeing the docks, you and your group stepped off first and walked towards the crowd. Most people welcomed you back while people who were enjoying the chaos verbally made their opinions. Stepping off the ship, you waved at the crowd as they cheered for your second return.

Meggy: Wow, this is a sudden turn. Everyone is so happy that you're back.

Desti: Not everyone. Some people are pretty angry.

Y/n: They're just mad that now they actually have to follow the rules. Now that I think about it...

You jump up on top of one of the stands and summon your sword, planting it in the ground and your other weapons fell from the sky and planted themselves around the crowd.

Y/n: Listen up! Firstly this is to those who were taking advantage of my absence and committing crimes. I'm back, and I will not tolerate this any more. A group of Crownsguard will remain here in Insomnia and keep watch over the streets. If you are suspected of any crime, you will be immediately incarcerated and will wait in prison for my return.

The crowd began talking amongst themselves.

Y/n: Now for my Crownsguard, tomorrow we will make our way to the Ruins of Nifilheim. This time, we take the fight to them.

The individuals in the Crownsguard began to cheer. Even some of the citizens cheered as you are now taking action.

Y/n: We have gone hundreds and hundreds of years at war with Ifrit and his Daemons. He believes that humanity is weak, so let's show him just how weak we are!

The cheering grew louder.

Y/n: This is our turn! Noctis managed to defeat Ifrit when he was king, but now it is our time to shine! Tomorrow we will fight, for our families, our friends, and for the sake of our world!

Crownsguard: All hail Y/n! All hail Y/n!

Y/n: Take the rest of the day to pack your supplies, and make sure everything is ready. I want to get our march started as soon as the sun comes up!

With that, the soldiers ran back to their stations or homes, packing everything they needed. You and the others head back to the castle to rest up and pack your things. You hear a knock at your door, Tari opens the door.

Y/n: What's going on Tari?

Tari: Nothing... so this is it huh?

Y/n: I suppose it is. I just hope that this war will end in our favor. Oh, by the way. I got a little something a while ago, can you go get the others?

Tari: Sure! I'll be right back.

As Tari went to go get them, you went into your dresser and pulled out a black box. It was pretty long, considering what was in it. You opened it, revealing four rings, each with a specific color of gem. Two of them were pink, one a darker shade than the other. The next was orange, and the other blue.

Hearing the door open again, you close the box and turn around, hiding it behind you.

Desti: What's up?

Y/n: Well... I wanted to wait until after this was over, but after what happened with Desti earlier...

She looked down, a little embarrassed.

Y/n: I realized that a lot of things can happen. And I don't want to go and fight with any regrets.

You get down on one knee and pull the box from behind your back.

Saiko: Y/n...

Y/n: The four of you have made my life so much better. Even if none of you know, you push me to get stronger everyday so I can protect you, and everyone else. And a King always needs a Queen, or in this case, Queens, to rule by his side.

Opening the box, they are shocked to see the rings.

Y/n: Saiko, Desti, Meggy and Tari, will you marry me?

A verbal answer wasn't what you were given. Instead, you were tackled to the ground and hugged by all of them. The room being filled with the sounds of crying and "yes's". You held them close as soon, the final battle will begin.