Chapter 5: Challenge Accident

SMG4 was doing work on his computer, singing the Mario theme song, until he heard crashing. Thinking nothing of it, he went back to what he was doing. Until he heard it again. Getting a little angry he looks at the door. Slowly going back to his keyboard, he once again heard Mario cry out. He breaks through his door, eyes bloodshot in rage and annoyance.

SMG4: Will you shut up!? What the heck is going on out here!?

Mario was seen running backwards and crashing into everything.

Meggy: I told Red it wasn't possible to walk backwards for a whole day...

Mario ran past them again, causing an explosion in a room he entered.

Meggy: And he took up the challenge.

SMG4: Hmmm...Is it possible challenges huh?

Mario once again ran past them, only to run through and break the front door. SMG4 and Meggy look through the giant hole, seeing you.

Y/n: Uhh, any reason why Mario just busted through the front door running backwards?

Meggy: I told him it wasn't possible to do it the whole day. Shouldn't we do something about this?

SMG4: Yeah... Challenge video time! 

Meggy: Challenges? Bring it on! Come on Y/n!

Meggy grabbed your hand and dragged you along to somewhere.

~~~~~

You went to watch all your friends do their challenges. Right now, Desti was challenged to try a beat her own team in a free-for-all Turf War. It was close, but in the end Desti was victorious. No wonder she is the leader. Tari and Saiko tagged along as they were done with their own challenges, Tari unfortunately failed, which was a, slightly funny, heart-breaker. Saiko completed hers. 

You hear your phone go off, telling you to go to the lake to meet SMG4. 

Saiko: Who messaged you Y/n?

Y/n: SMG4 did. He wants me to meet him at the lake.

Desti: The lake?

Desti walks over, zipping up the jacket she got from you. In your opinion, she looked better with the jacket instead of the sweatshirt. And apparently she liked it too, since she only took it off to wash it, or take a shower.

Tari: Alright then, let's go!

You all head towards the portal to the Kingdom to meet SMG4. After a while of walking, you reach the lake and see SMG4 sitting by the lakeside.

Y/n: You wanted to see me Glitchy?

The Mario recolor turns to see you.

SMG4: Ah, finally! Alright Y/n, you ready for your challenge?

Y/n: Yeah, what is it?

SMG4 gestures toward the lake.

SMG4: Your challenge is to catch the biggest fish in this lake!

Y/n: Huh, I was expecting more. But alright.

With a quick motion, you summon a fishing rod. 

Y/n: Better get comfortable, we might be here for a while.

A while was right, fifteen minutes pass, and yet no bite. SMG4 was laying against a tree taking a nap, as the girls were talking about you.

Desti: Y/n's great isn't he?

Tari: He is. He stood up for Saiko and I when we went to get my new game.

Desti: He stopped my ex from taking advantage of me.