Chapter 24: The Search for Rune-stones Part 3

When the other girls finally made it back, they were quite surprised at what they saw. A shirt-less Saiko laying across the bed on her stomach, while you were massaging her back.

Desti: Uh... mind explaining what's going on here?

You jumped from Desti's sudden question.

Y/n: Christ you scared me. Anyway, remember when I told Saiko I'd do anything if she let me use her hammer? Yeah, she wanted me to give her a back massage.

Meggy: Yeah, having a hammer of that size and weight would definitely put some strain on someones back.

Saiko: That and my boobs.

Desti: Okay, now you're just rubbing it in.

Saiko: Y/n, which do you prefer?

Y/n: What?

Saiko: Big boobs like mine, or small like Desti's?

Tari: Can we not have this kind of conversation please?

You look over to see Tari and Meggy blushing, obviously uncomfortable in this situation.

Desti: For an Octoling these are big!

Meggy: they aren't listening.

Saiko: Come on Y/n, answer the question!

Desti turned to look at you and Saiko flips over, making you look away from her. You can feel both their stares in the back of your head.

Y/n: I don't really care about size.

Desti: So you're even fine with Meggy's micro tits over here?

Meggy: Shut up! It's not my fault.

Even in this kind of situation, you still find Meggy's pouting cute.

Y/n: Look, I said I don't care about size. Now please, let's stop with this argument, Saiko put a shirt on and let's get some sleep. We've got more Rune-stones to find.

They each agreed and Saiko put her shirt back on. As everyone went and got ready, you laid down. After a while you felt only two people climb in the bed. You looked over to see Saiko and Desti getting in the other bed.

Y/n: What's going on?

Tari: Five people sleeping in one bed gets uncomfortable.

Meggy: So we decided to all begin to take turns. Me and Tari, then Saiko and Desti, back to us, etc.

They both wrap you tightly in their arms resting their heads on your shoulders.

~~~~~

Keeping an eye out, you were driving this time. Saiko was in the passenger seat as Tari sat in the back with Meggy and Desti. You saw the flash of lightning and turned in that direction. Once you arrived at the entrance of the cave, one change was there was no fucking Rock Wizard.

Y/n: Thank fuck there's no rock here.

You enter the cave and turn on your flashlight. You felt someone take your hand and turned to see a scared Tari shaking in fear. You squeeze her hand and tell her it'll be okay. She smiles and stops shaking a bit. Going through the dark cave, you felt eyes on you at all times. Out of the corner of eyes, you always saw something slither past.

You walked past multiple holes, you tried looking through one of them but they are too deep.

?: My baby...

Y/n: Did you hear that?

Saiko: No, what did you hear?

When you tried to explain what you heard, Tari let go of your hand to look into one of the holes. Before she could react, a tail reached out and wrapped around Tari. You heard her call out your name as she was dragged in. You tried to grab her hand, but you were too late. Tari's voice could be heard crying out for help. You tried to crawl in, but a swarm of Daemons poured from the hole. You summoned the Engine Blade and slashed through a few. Turning around you saw Saiko flatten a few Daemons while Meggy and Desti used their arsenal of weapons to slow them down for you and Saiko to finish off. 

After fighting through hordes of Daemons, you made it to a cavern. On one end was the Rune-stone, crackling with lightning. On the other was...

Y/n: Tari!

Tari: Y/n, Don't move!

You didn't listen, as soon as you began to run towards her, something lunged at you from the shadows. You quickly jumped out of the way, and once you got your footing you saw what it was. Unlike the Marileth, this Daemon only had a woman's face, everything else was a snake, a Naga.

Naga: Give me back... My baby.

Meggy: We don't have your baby! Give us our friend back!

Naga: Lies!

The Naga lunged forward again, trying to catch you in her mouth. You warped out of the way and when you tried to attack it, it hit caught you with it's tail sending you crashing into the wall. When it tried to strike again, Saiko ran up and hit in the side of the head. The Naga spewed some kind of green mist, but everyone avoided it. Activating Armiger, you confused the Naga by rapidly warping around it. Once it was dizzy, you extended your hand, every weapon pointed at the Daemon. Closing your hand, every weapon shot forward and impaled it. It disappeared in black smoke. After your Armiger deactivates and you make sure the area is safe you run over and comfort Tari. Saiko comes over and takes your spot, motioning for you to go to the Rune-stone.

Once you make contact with the stone, more images flash through your mind. A major war between two armies, on one side was your average humans, on the other side was what looked like robotic soldiers. You saw that the humans were being decimated, but all of a sudden lightning rained from the sky, destroying every robot it touched. Then an image of that one man you met when you went to get The Regalia, Ardyn Izunia.

You came back to reality, and went back over to Tari.

Y/n: Tari, do you want to return to the hotel or keep going?

Tari: I'm sorry, but can we go back to the hotel please?

You nod, then picked her up when she said that when the Naga dropped her down a hole she sprained her ankle. Getting outside with no problems, you drove back again as you knew how to avoid the Daemons at night.