Chapter 37: Rematch

You raise your sword to the sky and speak. When you do, it sounded as if both your voice and Bahamut's were coming through.

Y/n: Gods above, hear me! I need your help, there is a barrier and an army of Daemons before us! Grant me your power, and help create a path for me!

Five magic circles appeared above you, the yellow started glowing brightly.

Y/n: Ramuh, shower this land with lightning bolts!

Ramuh appeared in the sky, surprising everyone. He raised his staff into the air, lightning crackling in the sky. Throwing his staff to the ground, lightning fell with it. Multiple Daemons were electrocuted to ashes. Some of the bolts struck the barrier as well.

Next, the light blue circle started glowing.

Y/n: Shiva, chill our enemies to the bone!

Multiple blue skinned women flew over the Daemons, freezing them. You warped around, shattering the frozen enemies. The Shiva's then turned to the barrier and fired beams of ice, freezing the obstacle.

The blue circle was next.

Y/n: Leviathan, drown them in every drop of ocean!

The large serpent shot out of a nearby water source. She splashed the water around, drowning the enemies. She then flew over to the barrier, wrapping herself around it and quickly warming it up, causing it to crack.

The brown circle glowed.

Y/n: Titan, crush them under your strength!

A large muscular humanoid suddenly fell from the sky, crushing plenty of Daemons. He pulled back his fist and punched the barrier, shattering it more.

Finally, the green circle was last.

Y/n: Bahamut, give them something to be scared of!

Bahamut flew down, sending bolts of energy towards the remaining Daemons. He picked you up and put you on his shoulder. He opened his mouth and began charging his attack while you summoned your weapons and charged them along with Bahamut.

Y/n and Bahamut: Giga Flare!

Both attacks were fired, and combined together, striking the barrier and shattering it completely. Bahamut let you down, all the other gods came behind him.

Y/n: Thank you, all of you.

Bahamut: Of course. Now go Y/n, finish this.

You nod and run forward into the citadel. All the other soldiers and your group quickly followed. You kept running until you came to a fiery throne and sitting on it was Ardyn himself.

Ardyn: So you finally show yourself? And it seems you have quite the power. Have you finally gathered your strength?

Y/n: You better believe it. Now, let's have that rematch you promised.

Ardyn: Very well, let the games... begin.

Y/n: No, this is where they end.

The both of you threw your swords at each other, once they hit, it caused a shockwave that blasted the both of you back. You hit the side of the wall, causing it to crack. You heard the sound of Ardyn warping and you quickly moved, dodging his attack. Quickly grabbing your sword, you blocked his next attack.

Ardyn: Indeed, you have gotten faster. But how much stronger?

The two of you began to trade blows. Switching between each Royal Arm the both of you had. He suddenly jumped back, lifting his hand up, so you do the same. Two bolts of lightning collided with each other from the both of you.

Ardyn: So, you have access to magic again?

Y/n: Yeah, because of my friends. They made me a new ring. It's not just me your fighting, but all of us!

Ardyn: Oh, how disgusting. Then I'll be sure to kill them after I'm done with you!

You both released the magic duel, going back to clashing with each other. As you held blades, pushing one another back, he smiled at you.

Ardyn: But unlike you, I'm not alone right now.

An Iron Giant appeared and charged at you. Before it could attack, three hammers collided with it.

Mario: That's where your wrong, mamafucker!

Luigi: We got your back Y/n!

Saiko: Kick his ass!

The sound of four guns being fired were heard as the giant was pushed back, blocking the bullets. You look back, seeing your army fighting against Daemons and Magitek soldiers.

Y/n: Looks like I'm not alone either.

Ardyn: It doesn't matter. I'll kill all of you, then shroud this world in darkness.

Y/n: First, you'll have to fight out the light!

You reach out to the power of Kings, asking them for strength like you did with Leviathan. Power built up, and exploded in a blast of light. Ardyn did the same and you both rose off the ground.

Ardyn: So a true king shows himself at last.

At blinding speeds, you both attacked each other. Explosions were caused in the sky as you shot your weapons at each other. You and Ardyn warped around each other striking and firing. Floating in front of the other, you both launched your attacks, an explosion powerful enough to level the castle next to you.

You and Ardyn crashed against the ground, hurt and bruised.

Ardyn: I... I will kill you. I won't be defeated here! IFRIT, COME TO THIS WORLD AND BURN EVERYTHING!

A red circle appeared behind Ardyn, and a clawed hand pulled itself out. That same ogre that you saw before in Gilgamesh's challenge stood before you.

Ardyn: You will now true pain before you die.

They both glowed and their bodies came together. When the light came down, Ardyn and Ifrit became one and the same, a man with horns and a curved sword wreathed in flames. Fire flocked off of his body.

He launched himself towards you, slicing at the ground and sending you flying. You crashed into the ground, and groaned in pain. When you looked back at him, you saw a wall of fire come towards you. You quickly warped out of the way, the wall behind you being burned away completely.

Y/n: Damn, how can I face that? Wait!

You remember what Bahamut gave you. A piece of his soul. You reached for it, drawing its power forth. A blast of light erupted from you and when it died down, you were wearing armor resembling a dragons, multiple smaller versions of your Sword of The Divine were floating behind you, serving as wings. You looked at the being in front of you through your masked dragon helmet. Taking a stance, you both launched forward, light and fire trailing behind yourselves until your blades finally collided.