Chapter 29: Failure

(Alright, I don't know whether to do a lemon or not. My last one was pretty mediocre, but if so let me know. If so, I'll start the next chapter with it, then begin the journey to Gilgamesh. Alright thank you.)

A week has passed since the battle with Leviathan, and when Ardyn stole the ring. The number of Daemons has went up drastically as well, and you know what's causing it. Ardyn, being granted his dark powers by Ifrit himself, is able to turn humans into Daemons. And with the ring, his magic is only growing stronger.

The worst part about it all, everyone knows you lost. Everyone knows that Ardyn beat you and stole the ring. And now because of you, humanity was losing the war. Ardyn and his Daemons, and Eggman and his new Magitek army were all over the world, defeating armies and destroying entire countries. The majority of the Inkopolis population despised you for destroying their home. Meggy, Desti, as well as the Prime Minister tried to reason with them, that their defeat against Ardyn could be matched with your victory against Leviathan.

Gangs took this moment of chaos to rise in Insomnia, doing whatever they wanted to do. Citizens came to your door, day and night, every second of the day, asking you to do something. The Crownsguard had their hands full dealing with any invaders attacking the city, and without the ring, you were powerless. If you tried to use Armiger, your body would begin to crack, literally. But why? Ardyn confirmed it himself, you were a true blooded Lucian, so why couldn't you use anything?!

Soon, the stress got too much, and you locked the doors, not allowing anyone in. You started to neglect everybody, pushing them aside and refusing their help. 

You just wanted to be alone.

Walking down the halls of the castle, the girls kept trying to talk to you.

Desti: Y/n, please let us help you!

Tari: You're not alone Y/n.

You ignored them as you walked past them. They kept trying, but you kept blocking them out. Two words kept going through your head.

You failed.

You failed everyone. You were supposed to be the one who protected everyone. You were supposed to be the one to save everyone. But now, you can't do anything. The ring, the only connection to the power within you, is gone. You couldn't contact Somnus or Noctis. Once again, you heard them.

Desti: Y/n, please say something!

Saiko: We want to help you!

You wanted to be alone. You wanted to find out how to fix this. With the stress from the week, two armies to deal with, and your powers gone, the stress became too much.

And you snapped.

Y/n: You want to help?! Then leave me the hell alone!

You opened the door to your room and slammed it shut. You slid down the wall, and put your head in your hands.

Y/n: What do I do now?

Tari: Y/n... I'm sorry if we made you mad. But we just want you to know that we are always here for you. No matter what.

Her voice started breaking.

Tari: J... just please... talk to us wh-when you're ready...

Hearing four pairs of footsteps and Tari's crying made you stop and realize.

Y/n: What have I...

You stand up and pace around, the anger you feel now directed at yourself. You punch the wall, hard, and go to the bathroom. Taking a handful of water, you splash it on your face, trying to calm yourself. When you look back in your reflection, you see that it wasn't exactly you, but Bahamut in his human form.

Y/n: Bahamut...?

Bahamut: I am sorry, Y/n. I didn't tell you the truth because I didn't know how you'd react. I should have listened to Ardyn back then. Maybe we wouldn't be here now.

Y/n: You don't know that. What happened after you exiled Ardyn, why can't I use my powers without the ring?

Bahamut: After Ardyn was exiled, I locked his and his son's powers away. Ifrit was able to break the seal after turning him into a Daemon. I only unlocked a fraction of your powers in fear that you'd be the same as Ardyn. But now I know I was wrong. Soon, I will test you and unlock your full potential. But first, you must prove your physical and mental strength. There is a cave not far from here. In the cave, there is an entity known as Gilgamesh, he is a master swordsman. Defeat him, and I will be your final test. But you must do it alone.

You blinked, and the reflection went back to normal.

Y/n: Now, I better go apologize to the girls.

You exit your room and head to theirs. As soon as you were going to knock, the door opened, revealing Tari. It looked like she just got done crying.

Y/n: Tari.

Tari: Y/n. I was just about to come check on you.

Y/n: Can I come in?

Tari: Of course.

She takes your hand and leads you in. The others immediately perked up as Tari sat you on the bed. A few moments of silence pass until you finally say something.

Y/n: I'm so sorry for how I've been acting. Everything is just weighing down on me at once. By the way, Desti are your parents okay?

Desti: They're fine. They understand that you had to summon Leviathan so they hold nothing against you.

Y/n: I'm glad. If there is anything I can do to make it up to all of you, please...

You feel the four hug you tightly.

Meggy: Just you being here with us is making up for it.

Saiko: But what happens now?

Y/n: Now I have to take some final tests to get all my powers. Tomorrow I have to go and fight someone named Gilgamesh. Bahamut told me that it's a test of my physical and mental strength. But I have to do it alone.

Tari: So we can't go with you?

You shake your head. They all look down, until they seemed to all get an idea. They look at each other and nod. They each push you down on the bed as they lean over you.

Y/n: Uhhh... what are you doing?

Saiko: Just helping you release some stress.

Meggy: And showing you how much we love you.

Tari: S-so just... sit back...

Desti: Relax...

Girls: And enjoy~