Sneak Peeks

Just to show what I have planned,some development for you, and to show what I have in store for the man of no consequence and you.

You stood before Noctis, as he had his ultima engine blade pointed at you. Both of you panting as you gripped the handle of your own version of the engine blade.

Noctis: You are doing well. But how much farther can you go?

Y/n: I can go as far as I need to.

Noctis smiled, and both of you threw your blades at each other. The blades clashed mid-flight and you both warped towards them.

~~~~~

You and your girlfriends were walking around the city. You all had to go on a short shopping spree, Tari needed a new game of course, Saiko wanted to buy a new guitar. Meggy and Desti just wanted to come with all of you. Thanks to a case of money, dropped by Wario and Waluigi, you wanted to go out and get a new car. You weren't paying any attention and bumped into someone.

Y/n: Oh! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking were I was going.

?: Ah, you're fine my boy. That makes two of us. Hmm.

The man looked at you.

Y/n: Uhh, is something the matter?

?: No, you just look strangely familiar. Have we met before?

Y/n: Not that I know of. I'm Y/n. Y/n Lucis Caelum.

?: Y/n, huh. You know, I once had a son named Y/n. But I lost him one day. Anyway, my name is Ardyn. Ardyn Izunia.

~~~~~

Your head pounded as the Archaean pulled back his fist. Your eyes begin to glow red, as your Royal Arms begin to circle around you.

~~~~~

You could do nothing as you laid there. Pain wracked your body as you watched Ardyn walk towards you.

Ardyn: I really hoped it wasn't you my boy. This is all such a burden isn't it? Ruling over the Kingdom, having to keep an eye on four separate girls, and the burden of that ring. Allow me to take some of the weight off you.

You felt Ardyn slide the ring off your finger. You could do nothing as Ardyn walked away.

~~~~~

Meggy: Y/n, please let us help you!

Tari: You aren't alone Y/n, please.

You didn't listen to them as you walked past. From the truth you learned about Ardyn, how he has the same powers as you. And now the fact he has the Ring. You failed. You were supposed to protect everything, everyone. Now that he had the Ring, you can't protect anything. Your connection to the past Kings lost, making it life threatening if you needed to use more of your power.

Desti: Is there anything we can do?

The stress was getting to you. The events of the day was getting to you. They want to help. You want to be alone.

Saiko: Y/n please talk to us!

Y/n: You want to help? Then leave me alone!

You shouted at them and slammed the door of your room in their face. You sit on the floor and put your head in your hands.

Y/n: What do I do now?

...

...

...

Realization strikes you.

Y/n: What did I just...

~~~~~

Tears poured from your eyes as you held Desti. You placed a hand on the wound, trying your hardest to keep her from losing more blood.

Y/n: Desti, j-just hang in there, you'll be fine! I'll just...

Desti coughed blood before looking into your eyes and smiled. She reached up and put her hand on your face. She pulled you down and kissed you. The taste of blood filled your mouth but you didn't care. Pulling away, she spoke.

Desti: Thank you, Y/n. For everything. I love you... so... much

Desti closes her eyes, as she breathes her final breath. Tari walks over, and kneels next to you.

Tari: Desti... Please wake up...

Meggy begins crying. Her rival, best friend, and member of her little family with you, died right in front of her

Meggy: Francis! I swear on everything that you WILL pay for this!

Francis: Oh don't be so dramatic. Who actually cared for her anyway? If one Sephiroth wasn't enough, how about a hundred? No, THOUSANDS!!!!

Y/n: I did...

Francis: Say what now?

Y/n: I did. Tari did. Saiko and Meggy did. We all cared for her. We all loved her. I love her.

You stare at Francis, your eyes glowing red.

Y/n: And you took her from me.

Tari took Desti's body and dragged her next to Saiko and Tari. You summoned your Engine Blade and walked towards Francis. The clones tried to stop you, but were killed by your Royal Arms. However, without the Ring and your connection to the past Kings, you felt your body beginning to crack.

But you didn't care.

You wanted vengeance.

~~~~~

You looked around, you were in the center of an arena surrounded by green fire. The sound of powerful wings flapped, as Bahamut hovered in front of you.

Bahamut: Now is the time for your final test, my young friend. Show me the extent of your might and the depth of your courage.

Bahamut roared as you took a battle stance and all your Royal Arms circled around you, before all coming together and forming the Ultima Sword.

Your final trial begins now.