Chapter 4: A Day Out

Weeks have passed after that incident with Desti and Alex. Alex messaged Desti at some point the day you got back to the castle, Desti merely said they were over and blocked him. She mentioned that she'd have to have a conversation with her parents at some point about this. But she was slowly getting better from it. Slowly back to her old self. She also kept close to you, saying she felt safe near you, not that you minded.

She also explained why she threw her sweatshirt aside when Meggy tried to hand it to her. It was the first gift Alex ever given her when they first started dating. However she does now have a replacement, the jacket you gave her that day. But away from all the bad stuff, right now everyone was watching in awe as you were able to keep up with Tari in Super Smash Each Other In The Ass Bros.

Tari was having the time of her life right now. Of course she had fun playing games with her friends, but now that she had a challenge, it was so much better. The surprising conclusion was when the both of you somehow managed to spike each other, resulting in a draw. You and Tari just stared at each other before laughing.

Tari: Thanks for playing with me Y/n!

Y/n: Of course, I had fun.

Saiko: Alright, come on Tari, let's go get your new game.

Tari: Yay! You wanna come with us Y/n?

You nod and get up, walking with Saiko and Tari. Upon getting to the city, you notice that Saiko and Tari get plenty of strange looks.

Y/n: What's up with everyone? They're staring at you weird.

Saiko: We're not exactly the most popular around here.

Tari: We've been the cause of a lot of disasters in this city.

The two explain the some of the events that happened over the years. 

Y/n: Sounds like I missed a lot of stuff.

The two smile at your response. You three continue to the game store. You keep hearing people talk about your friends. They were starting to feel a bit insecure about all this. So to help them out a bit, you boldly took both of their hands. They squeaked out in surprise, but held onto your hands. 

After a while you reach the game store. You go and wait for Tari to come back so you can pay for it. After about ten minutes, you and Saiko start getting worried so you go to look for your blue haired friend. You see her on the ground, holding her face and slightly crying, and a mother with a kid. The kid looked mortified and embarrassed.

Saiko: Tari!

You and Saiko run over to check on Tari.

Y/n: What happened?

Tari looks over at you. You gently grab the hand holding her face and brought it down, revealing a large red hand print. Saiko became furious, and marched over to the Mother.

Saiko: Did you slap my friend!?

The mother looked over and looked at Saiko. She looked at her up and down before expressing a face of disgust.

Mother: Why are you talking to me? you little whore.

Saiko: Who the hell are you calling a whore!?

Kid: Mom, please. I can get the game some other time. It's no big deal.

Mother: Hush sweetie. I'm calling you a whore, you pink haired slut! The way you dress, you MUST be just so easy.

Kid: MOM!

Saiko: I-I'm not-

You walk over to the mother, angry.

Y/n: What makes you think you can smack and insult my friends?

Mother: That little freak with the arm took the last copy of the game my son wanted. And your little whore-

Y/n: Stop calling her that.

You hear Tari cry a little harder. She must have heard the mother.

Mother: God, can I speak to a manager please!

A man comes over from the counter.

Manager: Anything I can do for you Ma'am?

Mother: These people are harassing me and my son!

The man looks over at you and his eyes widen. He bows slightly.

Manager: P-Prince Y/n! I didn't realize you've returned to the Kingdom!

Y/n: Hello Howard.

The mother looks shocked, while the kid looks like he wanted to die.

Howard: Anything I could do for you today?

Y/n: Yes, you wouldn't happen to have more copies of the game that kid is holding, could you?

Howard takes a look at the case before coming to a realization.

Howard: I forgot to restock that copy. Yes I have more in the back, let me go get them.

The mother huffed and walked away. You turn to comfort your friends, until you felt a tug on your shirt. You turn to see the kid.

Kid: Prince Y/n? I'm really sorry about my mother. Umm... Here, give this to your friend please. She grabbed it first, but mom walked up and snatched it from her.

The kid puts the game case in your hands before running over to his mother. You walk over to Saiko.

Saiko: Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah?

Saiko: Do I look like a whore to you?

Y/n: What? No! Saiko, don't let her get to you. You know who you are. But if you need another opinion, I think you're beautiful.

Saiko blushes, but smiles after a moment and hugs you.

Saiko: Thank you Y/n.

You hold Saiko in your arms for a while before walking over to Tari. You kneel down next to her. She was still whimpering. You hand her the game case. She takes it and looks at you.

Tari: Thank you Y/n.

Y/n: Are you upset from what she said?

Tari nods. You reach over and hold the hand of her robot arm. She looks over at you. 

Y/n: You're not a freak. In fact I think your arm is cool, and if what SMG4 told me about it is true, then that's awesome.

She smiles slightly. You look at the red mark on her cheek and decide to so something bold. As if you haven't done so already. You kissed her cheek, causing the blue haired girl to blush so hard, steam practically came out of her ears.

After paying for the game, you and your friends went back to the castle, hand in hand.