Chapter 33: Rescue

Meggy slowly woke up, she felt cold, hungry, and her head hurt. She tried to move her arms, but she couldn't.

Meggy: What? Hey! What's going on here?!

Desti: Uggh... will you keep your voice down? My head is killing me...

Meggy: Desti? Where are we?

Desti: Hell if I know. All I remember is sitting on the couch, then these people showed up, a big fight broke out, and I feel myself get hit in the back of the head.

Meggy looked down to the ground, yeah, that is basically what happened. The orange Inkling then looked over to the other side, seeing someone else.

Meggy: Hey, you! Who are you?

The strange person woke up and looked over to his new guests.

?: Huh? Oh... so you got captured too.

Desti: Captured too...? What is going on here?!

?: Alright. Firstly, my name is Axol. I am a manga artist and I used to have a pen that brought anime characters to life.

Meggy gagged when she heard that.

Desti: What do you mean used to?

Axol: I had a friend named Francis. He's the biggest Otaku you would ever meet. He wanted me to make him a whole harem, but I refused.

Desti: So he's a nerd that is upset that he can't get a girlfriend so he locked you up and stole your pen?

Axol: Yeah. He also teamed up with some really weird people and kidnapped a whole lot of your race.

Meggy: But why us?

Axol: Inkweaver is still a pen. And it needs ink to work.

Meggy and Desti looked at each other with fear in their eyes. That fear was increased when a strange being opened the door to their cell.

~~~~~

In a large room with machinery and pods housing hundreds of Inklings. Muffled cries of pain could be heard as ink was being extracted from them. In this room held a lizard holding a pen and looking over his operation.

The doors open to reveal two figures, and an escort of Magitek troops.

SMG3: We have returned Francis. How's the new army looking?

Francis: Huh? Oh yes, it is going magnificently. Soon you will have an army of unstoppable anime soldiers, and I will finally have that harem I always dreamed of~!

SMG3 and Eggman looked at each other and shook their heads at their acquaintances motives. They turned back to the door when they hear struggling, and SMG3's and Eggman's eyes widen when they see who came through.

Desti: Will you ease up with the grip dude?! You're crushing my fucking arm!

Eggman: Francis! Do you have any idea who those two are?!

Francis: You mean other than two of the strongest of their race? If I could be able to gather all of their ink, I will be able to create a whole WORLD of anime waifu's!

SMG3: Yeah, sure, if you live long enough to enjoy it!

Eggman: These two are friends with the King himself!

Meggy: Really? Friends? If you're gonna introduce us, at least get it right.

Desti: We're his girlfriends! And once he finds out what you did here, you better pray that he shows mercy.

The lizard only laughs and snaps his fingers. A man with long silver hair, and a sword that is just as long drops down behind Francis.

Francis: I'm so scared! Haha. Let's see if he can get past Sephiroth, then I'll be truly afraid.