Chapter 17: Bahamut

The girls looked on in amusement as everyone admired the new car you got. 

Meggy: Everyone really likes the car.

Saiko: They really do, I hope they don't mess with it.

Tari: I'm sure it will be fine. Come on Y/n, let's play my new game!

When they looked over at you, they started getting worried when you didn't respond, and instead collapsed.

Desti: Y/n!

They ran over to you to see you had passed out again.

Desti: I hate how this is becoming a normal thing.

Saiko: Yeah. Come on, let's get him to his room.

The girls picked up your unconscious body and carried you back into the castle, getting the attention of the others. Desti took the keys out of your pocket and tossed them to Toadsworth who drove the Regalia behind the castle. Once they made it to your room and tucked you in, they sat on the bed, waiting for you to wake up once more.

~~Meanwhile~~

When you finally got your bearings, you saw a large gate in front of you. You turned around to see that the ledge you were standing on that you were above clouds, dragons flying above the clouds before diving below them. Looking up, you see a beautiful night sky, as well as what looked like the northern lights. After taking in the beautiful sight, you turned back towards the gate and walked forward. After walking a while, you notice multiple dragons of different sizes, variants and colors. Each of them lowering their heads in respect as you pass by. You finally reach the end and see a dragon more majestic than the others. You knew this was Bahamut, the Draconian.

Bahamut: Y/n, it is good to finally meet you face to face. Allow me to take a form that will make our conversation a little easier.

Bahamut was engulfed in a bright light. The light shrunk down and his shape changed from a dragon to a more humanoid form. When it dissipated, a man that looked very identical to you only he was wearing purple and gold robes, his hair flowed down his back, and his eyes were green and his pupils slit.

Bahamut: Now, follow me my friend.

You followed Bahamut as the two of you conversed.

Bahamut: So, how is your life going?

Y/n: It's uh... It's going great.

Bahamut: That's good to hear. You seem to have a few questions, well ask away.

Y/n: Then first of all, why choose to look like me?

Bahamut: Simply put, you and I are connected now. We are one in the same.

Y/n: I'm sorry?

Bahamut: When I saw that Ifrit launched an attack on your village, I was overcome with anger, grief, and regret. I failed to protect my children when I refused to kill my brother, knowing he was too far gone. But through all the destruction, I saw you, desperately clinging to life. So, from what Shiva told you, I gave you my life force.

Y/n: But why me? You could have let me die, chose someone else.

Bahamut: That is a story for another time. But I will say that the man who lead the attack is close to you.

Y/n: But I thought Ifrit hated humanity, why would he have one lead an army?

Bahamut: Oh he does. Where do you think the daemons come from? He takes the souls of those who have passed and tortures them, until they turn into grotesque monsters. But those who gain his favor are allowed to retain their human form.

Y/n: So everyone I meet could be a potential daemon?

Bahamut: Yes. But have no fear, the group you have are all genuine. As well as your little family you have going on.

You blush as he goes on about your harem. He laughs at your flustered state.

Bahamut: I enjoyed our talk Y/n. Being the king of dragons is great and all, but they aren't really all that talkative.

You walked past two dragons roaring at each other. 

Bahamut: Well, I have taken enough of your time. I will let you go back to your reality. Please be safe my friend, and we will speak again soon. Farewell.

Bahamut waved his hand in front of your face and you found yourself back in your own bed. You began to sit up until you felt arms wrap around you from behind.

Tari: You're finally up. You've been out for a long time.

Y/n: Sorry Tari. I know you were looking forward to playing that game and all.

Tari: Don't worry about that. I'm just glad your okay. So who did you train with this time?

Y/n: I didn't train, but instead I talked with Bahamut.

Tari: Wow, that's amazing!

Y/n: Where is everyone else?

Tari: They're getting dinner, come on let's join them.

After going down to the kitchen and getting dinner with everyone else, you spend the rest of the night with everyone. After telling the girls you will be with them soon, you head up to the roof. You stare up into the night sky as you feel the familiar cold wind behind you.

Y/n: Hello Shiva. I guess a conversation with one god isn't enough huh?

Shiva: I suppose not. But I come with grave news, Y/n.

Y/n: What's wrong?

Shiva: Titan is on his way here.

Y/n: Titan? Why would he come here?

Shiva: Ifrit managed to get Titan on his side of the war. Tomorrow I will bring Noctis here into reality to help train you further. Please, go get some sleep, I shall tell Bahamut and see what his plans are.

The icy cold wall of ice blew past here and she was gone. You walk back to your room, and with the look on your face worried Saiko, who was still awake and waiting for you.

Saiko: What happened?

Y/n: Huh? Oh, nothing. I'm fine.

Saiko: You know you can't get past me with that lame excuse.

You gently get into bed with the others careful not to wake them up. Saiko gently hugs you.

Saiko: Please tell me what's wrong.

Y/n: My first major battle is coming up. And I'm scared.