Chapter 23: The Search for Rune-stones Part 2

The girls waited outside the hotel as you were talking to Sam. They saw you walk out the door with a happy face, and like you have something planned.

Tari: So, where are we going?

You point to a mountain off in the distance.

Y/n: Sam told me that a few weeks ago, that mountain has been the home of thunderstorms. And just that spot. Nowhere else has been hit. Just... that one spot, everyday at the same time.

Saiko: That's really strange. Like, borderline creepy.

Y/n: I haven't told you the weirdest part. It started on the day of my coronation.

Meggy: On the day you became king?

Desti: Maybe its Ramuh guiding you?

Y/n: You may have a point Desti. But there is only one way to find out. Let's go.

Everyone piles into the car. Along the way Meggy brings up a good idea.

Meggy: So Y/n, after we awaken Ramuh, are we going to talk with Leviathan?

Saiko: Shouldn't we be focusing on the here and now?

Y/n: No, she's got a point. We should go straight back to Inkopolis and summon leviathan. After all, I'm sure that Ramuh's awakening will cause something to happen in the Astral Realm, and Ifrit will send a full force attack. Couple that with the fact we still don't know where Eggman is.

Desti: I agree with Y/n. We awaken Ramuh, get to a nearby hotel or camping spot and sleep, and immediately go to Inkopolis to commune with Leviathan. Any objections?

No one responded, seemingly agreeing. Saiko parked the car on the side of the road.

Saiko: Sorry everyone, but we're going to have to walk it from here.

You look out and see that a fence was blocking the road. Everyone hops out and grabs their weapons. You pass the gates and follow the trail. True to Sam's words, Flashes of lightning and the loud booms of thunder made their presence known. The bad thing, the light and noise agitated the local fiends and wildlife. This made traveling up the trail a little more annoying and dangerous. Thankfully, everyone was able to handle themselves and Tari managed to control a Sabertusk. Once you all make it to the entrance of the cave, one more obstacle is in your way.

Y/n: ...It's a rock...

Meggy: Not just any rock.

Saiko: A Rock Wizard

Rock Wizard: Did somebody say wizard?

Y/n: And it talks. Great. Well whatever, let's go.

Rock Wizard: Stop!

Y/n: What?

Rock Wizard: To pass me and enter this cave, you must solve my riddle!

Y/n: Oh my fucking... Fine.

Rock Wizard: What word of five letters has only one left when two letters are removed?

Y/n: Excuse me?

Rock Wizard: You have ten seconds.

Y/n: Hold up! What?! That's not enough time!

Rock Wizard: And times up! Suffer the consequences. Alakazam!

The rock cast a spell at you, and when it hit you, a bright light surrounded you. Once it vanished, the girls looked surprised at your new form.

Y/n: Why are you staring at me like that?

Saiko: Um... How can we say this? You are kind of... Uh...

Meggy: Look for yourself.

She held a small pocket mirror and had you look at it.

Y/n: That rock turned me into a FUCKING CHICKEN?! YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Rock Wizard: Uh... Bye!

The rock cast another spell and disappeared.

Y/n: Oh that fucking bastard!

Tari: Y/n, calm down.

Y/n: Calm down? CALM DOWN?! HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO A ROYAL COCK?!

Saiko: Alright, first of all, never word it like that again. Secondly, we will find the rock and turn you back, okay?

After taking a few deep breaths, you answered.

Y/n: Alright, alright. I'm sorry for yelling Tari.

Tari: No need to apologize.

So Desti picked you up and brought you to the car. You all drove to the nearest town. The girls asked the people if they've seen a rock wearing a blue hat. Everyone was given a weird look every now and then, but you were pointed in the direction of a bar. Showing everyone's ID, you all entered. You jumped up on one of the seats, getting a weird look from a drunk man. You turned to him.

Y/n: Cluck cluck, motherfucker.

The man looked at his beer before pouring it out.

Man: I gotta lay off the beer.

You feel yourself being picked up, you thrash around until you hear Saiko's voice.

Saiko: It's just me Y/n.

Y/n: Saiko? Sorry.

Saiko: We found him.

You were carried to the backrooms and see Desti holding the wand.

Rock Wizard: Oh, its you again. Hello!

Y/n: Rock Wizard you asshole! Desti's going to give you your wand back, then you're going to turn me back into a human!

Rock Wizard: How bout no?

Y/n: Saiko, give me your hammer.

Saiko: Y/n, I love you, very much. But no one touches my hammer but me.

Y/n: I'll do anything you want!

Saiko: ...Anything?

Y/n: Yes!

She let go of you and gave you her hammer. You somehow manage to hold the hammer with your wings.

Rock Wizard: What are you doing with that hammer?

Y/n: Can't let God do all the work.

Rock Wizard: OH SHIT!!!

Y/n: Get over here!!!

You chase the rock around the room, slamming the hammer down trying to crush the rock. Eventually, the rock agrees to turn you back and let you go. Desti gives the rock his wand and he cast the reverse spell. You gladly run your hands around your restored body, but the moment is ruined when you cough up some feathers. After throwing the asshole rock out the window, you head back to the car to return to the cave. Finally making it to your destination, you walk up to the rune-stone and hold out your hand out to it. Electricity shot out of the stone and into your hand. An image of another cave flashes through your mind. And you lose consciousness.

~~~~~

You wake up on a bed in the hotel. You hear the door open to reveal Saiko.

Saiko: You're awake!

She runs over and hugs you.

Y/n: What happened?

Saiko: After you touched the stone, you stood there and then fell. Sam let us stay here another night for free.

Y/n: That's nice of him.

You lay back down, ready to go back to sleep.

Saiko: Remember what you said Y/n?

You look up confused, then you remember your promise.

Y/n: What am I doing?

Saiko just smiled at you and walked over to you, taking her shirt off.