Chapter 32: Return of The King

(Woke up late for the stream and there is still an update that didn't start itself. Thanks Xbox. I apologize for those who wanted to watch.)

You hold your hand out to the sword, and like all the other Royal Arms, it was enveloped in a blue light and rose into the air. It stayed suspended before suddenly coming straight towards you and shattered as it hit you, the other Royal Arms appearing, with your sword added to the collection.

Gilgamesh: I entrust this sword with you, O Divine One. Take it and pass your final trial with Bahamut, so you may fulfill you destiny. Go forth, and slay the Usurper and the fallen god.

You bow, and thank Gilgamesh, leaving the cave with new found confidence. And as if luck was on your side, by the side of the cave was a Chocobo, a sweet little thing that was often used as a way of transportation. It was munching away at the leaves on the ground so you calmly walked up to it. Sensing your presence, it looked up alarmed and poised to bolt out of there. Stopping in your tracks, you gently raised your hand out to it. It seemed frightened at first, but the Chocobo gently walked up to you, sniffing your hand before pushing its head against it.

Softly petting the Chocobo as it squawked out in happiness, you hop on and get into a comfortable position.

Y/n: Alright buddy, do you know where Insomnia is?

The Chocobo looked back at you and gave a confirming squawk and then began running. Trees whizz past as the Chocobo kept running and by the time you finally made it out of the forest, the sun was beginning to set.

Y/n: I hope I can make it back in time...

Even though the sun has yet to go down, Daemons have already begun to rise. They stared at you as you made your way back to the city.

The lights of the city was your beacon as you reached the last stretch. The now familiar scene of smoke coming from some districts was a saddening sight, but now your back. When you enter the city, you hop off the Chocobo and give it one last pat on the beak before letting it go back to the wild.

Walking through the streets, you hear a scream from an alley, so you make your way to investigate. A group of guys were surrounding a group of women, both human and Inkling. Picking up a small pebble, you chuck it at the biggest guy in the group.

Thug: Who the hell threw that!?

Everyone turned to see you standing there. The guy who seemed like the leader of the group walked up and pulled out a gun.

Leader: Kid, that was probably the poorest mistake you could've made. Do you know who we are?

Y/n: No, and before you explain, I don't care.

Leader: We are the baddest gang here in the south district.

Y/n: Didn't I just say that I don't care?

Some of the girls quietly laughed. The leader motions for the other guys to aim their weapons at you.

Y/n: Do you know who I am?

Leader: Other than a kid who's about to be filled with holes? Don't know.

You spread your arms out and smile at the group.

Y/n: Well then shoot, but you better hope to whatever god you believe in that your bullets hit.

And so they do. They continue to shoot until a cloud of dust hid you. Every guy smiled as they thought they got you. However, when the smoke cleared you still stood there, your Royal Arms having blocked the bullets.

Y/n: Good thing blocking with these don't take much energy.

You look back up towards the guys and you walk towards them. Some of them began shaking.

Y/n: Now, let me introduce myself. I am Y/n Lucis Caelum. The vessel of Bahamut. And your king. Now, drop your weapons, come quietly, and no one will get hurt.

Some of them complied after the biggest guy used his brain first and dropped his weapon and got on his knees. About half of the group surrendered but the other half tried to run. Warping in front of them, you punch the leader and he stumbles back, knocking a few of them down.

Summoning your Royal Arm, you point it at the leader. He slowly put his hands up. One of the girls managed to escape and brought back the Crownsguard. After being thanked by the group, and handing the thugs over to the C.G. you make your way to the castle.

Once you arrive, something was noticeably wrong. Debris was everywhere, some of the windows were smashed, and the door was in pieces. Arming yourself, you walk through the doors and look around, hoping to find someone. Hearing something behind the door to SMG4's room, you slowly walk over there. Putting your ear up to the door, you hear quiet chattering and movement, so you knock on the door. Everything stopped and soon, you heard a voice.

Mario: Who's there?

Y/n: Mario? It's me.

The door flew open, and indeed, Mario and the others were in the room.

Mario: Y/n! You... have a scar, and a new sword...

Y/n: We'll talk about that later. But right now, what happened? Why is everything destroyed?

Mario: Well... you see-

Saiko: I failed.

You turn to see Saiko sitting against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest as Tari rubbed her back. She looked upset, almost broken. You walk over there and lay your sword down and kneeled next to her.

Y/n: Saiko, what do you mean you failed? What happened, I was only gone for a day.

She said nothing, but tears welled up in her eyes.

Tari: These people came to the castle early. Like an hour after we woke up. They demanded to know where you were. We told them you weren't around, we told them we didn't know where you were so they attacked.

You then look around some more, finally noticing the group was missing two people.

Y/n: Where is Meggy and Desti?

Saiko: They took them. I tried to stop them but a Magitek unit broke my hammer and threw me away. I'm so sorry Y/n.

That's when she broke. You hugged her and she clung to you, tears staining your shirt. Mario came up to you.

Mario: Our only clue is this map.

He hands you a map with a lone island circled around it.